Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version management for DMS

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all;

I have attached one document say Drawing with REV 0 in DIR ,Now I want to replace the Old drawing with latest revision say REV R1 at same time I dont want to replace the old REV 0 .How to solve this problem with version management In DMS in application as well as in SPRO.

Thanking You;

Regards;

Joydeep Mukherjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

Trust you are looking at versioning of the originals/documents in a DIR.If yes,then 'content version' feature must be enabled in DC 30 transaction.Path is SPRO > CA components > DMS > General Data > Define Workstation Application. Herein,select the required workstation application and check the 'content version' field.

To test,check out a original/document in a DIR and check in with changes as a new version.You will have the previous as well as the current version original/document available.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you pradip sir;

The problem is solved .

But I have another doubt ,ie wheaether copy control functionality is possible in DMS oe not .For example .i have attchede one documet in purchase requisition .my question is when I create one purchase order with the help of that PReq .the attached document will be copied to PO or no?

Thanking You;

Regards;

Joydeep Mukherjee

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joydeep,

There is functionality such that when you link a Documents to all the line items in a Purchase requisition, the documents will be copied to a Purchase Order. The condition is that PO has to be created in reference with PR.

Hope this solve your requirement.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh;

Thank you very much for your reply .kindly tell me if I have attached one document to material master record will it come when I am creating PReq using the same material?

Thank you;

Regards;

Joydeep Mukherjee

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joydeep,

The scenario to happen following conditions must be satisfied.

1. The DIR should be linked to PR Line Item and not Material Master. There is difference between linking to MM and Lineitem.

A DIR is always linked to objects ( Material Master, PO Line item, PR line Item, WBS, Equipment etx) and Not attached.

2. PO must be created with reference with PR to which DIR are linked to Line items.

With Warm Regrds

Mangesh Pande

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear mangesh;

Thannks for your kind reply.what I inder stood is the linked document from material master will not copied to the PReq Line Item.Kindly confirm this ,because it is a requiremt in my current project.

Regards;

Joydeep Mukherjee

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joydeep,

Yes. you are right. We will have to link DIR to PR Line item.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (0)