Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using * this * key word?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to grey ONLY the box part (not label/caption) of the field/object, so am using below,

xfa.resolveNode("VISITOR.Page1.myInfo.Name.ui.#textEdit.border.fill.color").value = "192,192,192";

working fine,

but, i came to know that the xfa.resolveNode is not efficient, so, i want to use this key word so i tired as below

this.ui.#textEdit.border.fill.color.value = "192,192,192";

but, not working!! pls help me how to get my requirement with this key word for a better PERFORMENCE.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i normally do is go to the script editor for the field you want to change and find the name of the field. let's say it's projnum

i would code projnum.border.fill.color.value = "192,192,192"

i don't bother resolving or using this unless i have to.

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry....it coloring the CAPTION also! Not working.

Any other idea pls?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's coloring BOTH the caption and value, a sneaky way around this is to create 2 fields instead of the 1 field you currently have.

1st field would be a label field

2nd field would be in input field but with the caption turned off.

then, just color the 2nd field.

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. To be honest, its big tedious for me, bcz i have 125 fields on the form and i need to grey out dynamically(driven from a Z table), so, in first placem, i need to grey out all fields - 125, its tediuos.

Pls. i need some otherr idea.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking through the Adobe help files, some code examples, and the input field properties, I don't see a way to just color the value.

Answers (0)