cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Valid Tag Requested

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a TagQuery in HistoryEvent mode and sent a tag name, but when I run the TagQuery, sometimes I got return of the data and other times no, I get an error:

com.sap.Illuminator.logging.LHException: No valid tags requested 

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Regards,

Danilo Santos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you populating the tagnames in the tag query? Is the tag query in a transaction with links to the properties?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I´m using a tag query in a transaction with links to the properties.

Danilo Santos

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like the link is not passing the value in properly. If you manually type a tag name in the link editor for the tag query action block, does it accept it and return the correct results? You may have to put double quotes around it if it contains any alphabetic characters.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I´m using double quotes in Tag Query.

"sometimes I got return of the data and other times no"

Another idea Mike?

Regards,

Danilo Santos

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

What version of MII/NW are you using?

And how are you connected to the data source and what is the historian or other data source you are pulling data from?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

We are using the following versions:

SAP MII 12.0.4 Build(120)

SAP NetWeaver 2004 / 7.0

UDS 2.5.04

The historian is PI - OSISoft

see the below complete error in log netweaver

Full Message Text
*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: No valid tags requested

You don't think the PI server or SAP MII server maybe overloaded?

Thanks,

Danilo Santos

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

No, I would not think either of the systems were overloaded.

Can you determine what the tagnames are when it fails? It almost seems like it may be an invalid xml name being passed. Such as a tag which has a special character (like a '/') in the first position. MII tends to substitute an underscore when that happens, but that changes the name of the tag and then PI can't find the edited name. This might be an easy test if you have a taglist available. MII returns the data in an xml structure with DateTime and the Tagname as the columns. And many historians, particularly older ones, had their tagnames created by process engineers. No consideration was made for xml structures in many cases.

Does the NW log have any more detail on what the tag query was when it failed?

Regards,

Mike