cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM and EP roles mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We upgraded our SRM 5.0 system to SRM 7.0 system.

Now in terms of role mapping,can anyone pls advise what is the trend if SRM custom roles need to be created?Do we need to copy std roles and then adjust as pe rour needs or just create custom roles from scracthc??

Also in SRM 5.0 and 7.0,is there any difference in terms of role mapping between SRM roles and EP roles???We intend to use EP (7.0 with SP06) with SRM 7.0.

Can anyone briefly explain me the steps for role mapping between SRM roles and EP roles?

Also for EP roles to work,do we need to download Standard SAP content or Business packages before mapping the roles?

Also irrespective of whether we use custom or std roles,does the standard SAP content need to be always downloaded before mapping the SRM and EP roles?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Nikhil!!!!

Experts,

Can someone answer my other questions:

Also in SRM 5.0 and 7.0,is there any difference in terms of role mapping between SRM roles and EP roles???We intend to use EP (7.0 with SP06) with SRM 7.0.

Can anyone briefly explain me the steps for role mapping between SRM roles and EP roles?

Thanks again for your time.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check attached file available in note 1261825.

It shows the roles in SAP_GUI as well as in portal. You have to assign in both sides.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the ROle matrix note!

Does this note apply for the scenario wherein system has been upgraded from SRM 5.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can answer some of your questions.

1. Do we need to copy std roles and then adjust as pe rour needs or just create custom roles from scracthc??

- You can copy standard roles and modify them by selecting only the iviews you need in your scenario.

2. Also for EP roles to work,do we need to download Standard SAP content or Business packages before mapping the roles?

3. Also irrespective of whether we use custom or std roles,does the standard SAP content need to be always downloaded before mapping the SRM and EP roles?

-Answer to both above questions is an emphatic YES. You need to download the standard SRM 7.0 content

Regards,

Nikhil