cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAP-POSEX field defaulting item number

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we first set up sale orders in SAP the field VBAP-POSEX (purchase order item) always remained blank. We only use this field for a specific order type. Now the system is always putting in a number, based on the line item and I can not figure out why it is doing this all of a sudden. Does anyone know where the settings are or what I need to do to keep the system from always numbering this field? It causes problems for other order types because of the number being there and even if you delete it the next time you make a change to the order it puts it back and always the number of the line item. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

regards,

Donna M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check any user exit used to populate this automatically because this number is taking same as sales order item number,

However for this field there is no any functional setting to auto populate it is freely defined field to put customer P.O item number.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I actually did find in the user exit where the field is being manipulated. not sure how to fix it but apparently that is where my problem lies.

thanks for your help

donna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check is there any transaction variant/screen variant activated in SHD0 for this field. This can be the one reason for default value.

Also please elaborate which default number comes every time when you create new order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

regarding the item default number, as stated it takes the line item number as its default. I checked SDH0 and the field is checked as 'invisible' as are other fields.