cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer change list from admin user to your user

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We had successfully transported the change list from our dev environment to test environment... I had two different folder in integration directory and thus had 2 change list in test environment... I was able to succesfully transfer the change list to my id and activate it..

When we transported the change list to production, we ran into issue. I was able to transfer only one of the change list from "Admin" user to my User id... when i tried to transfer second change list, the integration directory goes into hang mode (no buttons can be pressed and i have to kill the session from task mgr)...

Any reasons why this is happening? any way to trace this? and if i have to kill this change list and re-import , how do I do it (as I cannot send a new transport with same objects if there is an existing change list with same objects)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try logging in using the ctsadm user and reject changes/delete ? give it a try. you could then reimport the cts trans. req and try a transfer changelist to your id.

Thanks

Saravana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

I faced the same problem in my last transport. Transfer one changel list first and then activate it After that you will be abale to transfer the second change list.Once transfered then activate.

Jayesh.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Why is that you want to transport the changelists instead of activated objects?

Best regards,

Ravikanth Talgana

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> Why is that you want to transport the changelists instead of activated objects?

>

Hi Ravi,

I am not trying to transport the change list... I am trying to transfer the change list from admin account to my account and that is failing (without giving any error).

Steps, I had followed.

We exported couple of folders to Same Change request in our dev environment.

Transported the change request to test environment.

In integration builder, the change list from the Change request is usually assgined to CTSADMIN user and you have to transfer the change list to your name before activating the change list. Since I had exported two folders in two steps (but to same change request), I had two Import change list under admin account. We were able to successfully transfer the Change list from Admin account to my account in test environment and test our changes.

Once our testing was complete, We imported the transport from test to production environment.

There were two import change list under admin account. I was able to transfer only one of the import change list to my name (so as to make changes to comm. objects). When I tried to transfer the other change list to my account (from admin account), the system went into hang mode.

If I wanted to re-transport the objects under different change request, I was thinking i should not have those objects in any change list. I am not able to remove any objects from the change list or reject changes in the import list (as it is under admin account).

I am at loss as to what the problem could be?

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

in Changelist tab select USER =ALL it will show all the changelists including change list of admin user.

then right click on Admin users change list change list and click on transfer.

it will transfer the change list from Admin user to your USEr.

Once it is in under your user then you can do activate or reject

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

As you have already transported and not activated yet...If you try to re transport the objects again the transport request will fail....

Reason:As the earlier objects are not yet activated yet

so my better suggestion to activate after some time...might be system resources problem to hang

Regards,

naveen

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Debashish

Not sure if it is clear from my earlier post...It does not let me transfer the Change list from Admin user name to my name... That seems to be the issue and it hangs everytime I try that.. I have been trying for past couple of days.

If it is a resource issue, why are my other change lists getting successfully transferred? I was able to transfer other change list to my name and activate it as well.

What are my options now? Is there a way to kill this change list? Is there a role that would give me access to delete objects from this change list? (a role that will enable me to edit other user's change list)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

talk to your Basis Team and try to login with Admin user itself and reject the changelist

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Check with your Basis team they would be able to help you.

Regards,

Naveen

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This problem got resolved when we re-booted our system. Thank you for all of your suggestions