cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename output file (MDIS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

when MDSS executes, output files is created in my outbound port with default name starting with "Data" (example Data_xxxxxx_24324, Data_xxxxxx_24325 ...etc.)

1. How can I change this file name ? Is this a usual process of using output files with names starting with "data"?

rgds,

ve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Yes you are right, that is the format in which MDSS generates output file name.

There is no way you can change it automatically, may be you have to do it manually...

When the file gets generated through syndication step of workflow, then file format is different (Does not start with Data) but that format is also fix & you can not change it thr MDM

What is your requirement, where you want to change file name?

Thanks & Regards,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the quick replies ....

Maheshwari,

my requirement that i want to have a output file by name "material_out_XXXX" insted of "data_XXXX", How can I achive this.

because this file name have to be given in PI settings to pick up the file from the ready folder.

Also how can i do it manulally, pls guide me.

Sowseel,

where in syndicator, can I set this file name while creating an export_map

rgds,

ve

Edited by: veena sexana on Aug 4, 2011 9:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Possibly Timestamp format and date formats can be changed in syndicator map and so xml coming out will have name as per that change.

Regarding automatic change of name to custom format,i guess that is not supported in MDM,there are tools one can use for this requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

can you pls tell me the tools/work arounds for this requirement.

can you pls share your experinece handling files in your ready folder, do you use the same default naming format "data_xxxx"

rgds,

ve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

As per my knowlede we can not change File format, if file is generated through MDSS (Automatic Syndication)

Could you please explain why PI is expecting file name in other format? They can use the Format of MDM as well.

In all the projects I have worked on, PI always pick files using the MDM file Format.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

In any scenario when a record is sent from on system then interface or that system governs its nomenclature.

When MDM is source i can say only minor changes in formatting can be done and high degree of customization in that is not available,Experts please comment on this

In my experience,there was Redwood system which was basically to pick a record from Folder A to Folder B.

This is basically a scheduler which is also potent enough to change the record name as per the requirement while doing so.

One can also write OS level scripts to achieve this.

But,All one has to decide is it really required?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree that PI can use the same name format as default, but my requirement is to find if their is a way to rename this file and provide a meaningful name to it.

All, Thanks for your valuable thoughts and experiences

rgds,

ve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Naming convention of the syndication fiile is set by the user at the time of preparing the Syndicaiton map.. Data* is the standard which followed across the systems.

if you want to change the name you can change it in the syndication map by logging in MDM syndicator. give it a try...

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can select the file format in the Save as type list in the Save As dialog box when you save a file.

refer below doc

[http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/about-microsoft-document-imaging-format-mdi-HP006219360.aspx]

Thanks,