cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger a BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create a web service, that triggers a BPM.

This BPM should copy files from one server to another.

Is this trigger step a receiver step in BPM?? Does

anyone got an example/webblog??

Can I copy more than one file?? I have to give

a filename in file adapter, but it is possible to

insert a wildcard (*) instead of this???

thans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

1) first you have to design your BPM in IR

2) ID: Import your integration process (BPM) as a service

3) ID: configure receiver determination (receiver = your process)

4) ID: configure interface determination

IR Your BPM has to look like this:

1) receive step of the WebService Massage

mapping

2) send step: get file from ftp#1 (in ID receiver determination with communication channel for this send step). The response of file reading will come automatically in your BPM

3) another send step for write the file an FTP#2(in ID receiver determination with communication channel for this send step).

Annotiation:

Send step in BPM = receiver in ID!!

Regards Mario

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

in my point of view the send step (2) to get the file is not possible coz the adapter works only asynchronous.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Udo

You mean, because the web service is synchronous you can't use a file adapter in it, because it's asynchronous????

I just would like to copy a file like a jpg when I

trigger the BPM. How do you think it can be realized??

thanks

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

you are right. I was thinking of JDBC noch FILE.

Regards Mario

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Only the sender file adapter itself can trigger a file message (via poll intervall). No chance from outside. Your scenario is not possible - with XI.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hoped my problem was understand correctly. There is no chance that I create a BPM where the first step is a receiver of a SOAP-Message and the second step a receiver which starts polling on a directory? That's not able??

So I didn't found any documentation about who is allowed to trigger a BPM. Did anyone knwos where to find it?

I need to document why it doesn't work...!!!

If it is beacause of sync<->async stuff please explain

more precisely.

Another rroblem:

Does anyone knows how to check in original files (like Excel, Word...) from outside?? I just created a

webservice to call a rfc...works fine, but I couldn't

send a file through web service to XI.

Because of this I tried the first issue to copy first the

files and then check them in...

Thanks

chris

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

>>>>>There is no chance that I create a BPM where the first step is a receiver of a SOAP-Message and the second step a receiver which starts polling on a directory? That's not able??

No, that's not possible.

>>>>>So I didn't found any documentation about who is allowed to trigger a BPM.

BPM isnt the problem.

>>>>>>If it is beacause of sync<->async stuff please explain

The sending file adapter can send only asynchronous (no response) messages. It will be triggered by a poll intervall.

May be you can read the file during a mapping. I an ABAP mapping look for "OPEN DATASET" in a Java Mapping look for class 'FileInputStream'.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Your Soap request comes via SOAP-Adapter (JAVA-Stack) to the integration engine (ABAP-Stack).

In the integration engine - in this special case - the integration directory yo got 3 kind of services that receive a message

1) business service

2) business system service

3) integration service = BPM <<<!!!

So you have to route the incoming message in the integration engine via a receiver-determination (and interface determination) to your BPM!

Things to do:

1) IR: design BPM

2) ID: import BPM as a service

3) sender agreement to receive the soap request

4) receiver determination soap request --> BPM-service

5) interface determination soap request --> BPM-service

Regards Mario

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this trigger step a receiver step in BPM??

>> Yes a receive step with its parameter Start Process checked will initiate the BPM.

You abstract interface will trigger the BPM ...

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christinan,

you can trigger a BPM with any message (receive step). Dynamic file names are possible, but there is another problem: The file adapter can send only asynchronous messages - you cant trigger that messages by BPM.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I understood correctly, in <a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit weblog, the connection between triggering input file and BPM ist given in the "Configuration wizard". In step "Incoming Message" is the BPM given as service. This is the kind I have to it, right? So I will create a soap message and use it as incoming message and my BPM as service. But in BPM the first step have to be a receive step with my soap! Correct?

Where is the problem that file adapter could be asynchronously? So I'm not able to handle every file

itself??

thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

i dont know your requirements. But your design is not possible, as the sending file adapter cant be triggered by BPM. In that weblog the BP is triggered by an incoming message from file adapter, just the other way around. You can start a BP by any message, as well with a SOAP message.

Regards,

Udo