cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EJB EAR Deployment Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colls,

since 2 days we have a Problem deploying an EJB to our SAP Netweaver CE 7.20 SP4 Server.

We have an EJB and EAR project. The EJB project contains some functions which we want to use as custom functions in a BPM process.

The Problem is that currently the EAR File is deployed but the EJB File not. If I have a look in the deployment view I directly saw that the EAR File is deployed but is not started If I try to start the EAR File I get the following strange error message:

Exception has been returned while the [esprit.com/customfunctionear] was starting. Warning/Exception :[

][ASJ.dpl_ds.006153 Error occurred while starting application [esprit.com/customfunctionear]: It is not started successfully on server nodes [4918650]. In order to bring the server in consistent state stop operation will be performed.

Error occurred on server 999999 during startApp of esprit.com/customfunctionear : Application [customfunctionear] cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource [customfunctionejb] with type [application], which is not active on the server.

Hint: 1) Is referred resource deployed? 2) Is referred resource able to start?

Error occurred on 9999999 during startApp of customfunctionear : com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application [esprit.com/customfunctionear] cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource [customfunctionejb] with type [application], which is not active on the server.

Hint: 1) Is referred resource deployed? 2) Is referred resource able to start?

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReferenceToApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:1108)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processReference(ReferenceResolver.java:766)

Does someone has an idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Seems you have declared a runtime dependency from the EAR project to the EJB project. Instead, the EJB project jar should be packaged inside the EAR and altogether deployed as one application. The customfunctionejb doesn't look like a standalone application.

HTH!

--Vladimir