cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO SNP subcontracting - production at supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO 5.1 and using SNP subcontracting functionality.

In the standard configuration for modelling production at the subcontractor supplier location, a transport lane from supplier to manuf plant (from where components are sent to the subcontractor) for the subcontracted product is automatically generated from the subcontracting InfoRecord in ECC. In the planning there are therefore purchase reqs for the subcontracted product at the manuf plant.

But I need to model the schenario so that in the planning there will be purchase reqs for the subcontracted product at the DC (where there are demands for the subcontracted product) and not at the manuf plant (from where components still need to be sent to the subcontractor of course).

Can anyone advise how best to configure this?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please refer the below link for the subcontracting process details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/68/f3593b0972fa72e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please refer the process - Subcontracting with Third-Party Provision of Components in PP/DS. Here instead of third party vendor you are going to use your plant as the component supplier. And instead of plant, you are going to use your DC as the receiving location of the FG material. Eventhough it is for PPDS, the only difference is SNP PDS for SNP.

In the same link, there is a process - Subcontracting with Third-Party Provision of Components in SNP. But the details are not so clear. It is better to refer the details of the process - Subcontracting with Third-Party Provision of Components in PP/DS.

Hope it will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group APO.

I am assuming your Subcontractor and vendor are different.

subcontractor just subcontracts some of operations and he needs to be provided with raw materials/Components which will be provided by vendor.

I am just mentioning my line of thinking, may not be accurate.

1) Create S/c info record for s/c product for DC and subcontractor, which should create Tlane between s/c and DC.

2) Create Std info record for raw material/component for DC and vendor, which should create Tlane between vendor and DC.

3) Create manual Tlane from vendor to subcontractor for component.

Let me know if this works or otherwise.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhay,

In my scenario, the vendor and subcontractor are one and the same.

So, the subcontractor will make the subcontracted product using components from the manufacturing plant.

But instead of the subcontractor passing the subcontracted product back to the manu plant, I want to model the subcontractor passing the subcontracted product back to the DC (the DC receives the demand for the subcontracted product).

Thanks...

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved by using Special Procurement type '70' in your BOM components.

You have created the BOM at the DC location. In the component overview, you enter the special procurement type '70' for all the components.

In SPRO, in the definition of special procurement type 70, make sure that under 'as BOM component', 'Withdrawal from an alternative plant' check box is checked and your manufacturing plant is entered.

This will make sure that, while creating subcontracting order, the component reservation will automatically happen from the manufacturing plant. In the subcon PO, you can see the component overview is updated with the manu. plant.

Please try and revert with your observations.

Regards,

Manimaran M.