cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP/DS PDSs for multi operation routings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO PP/DS V5.1 connected to an ECC 5 system.

In ECC I have a routing with 5 operations each with different work centres. Product costing in ECC will be based on all these 5 work centres.

In APO I only want to plan/schedule the critical 'bottleneck' resources associated with operations 3 and 5.

Can I just CIF across the resources involved in operations 3 and 5, or do I actually need all 5 resources in APO to allow the CIFing of the routing as a PP/DS PDS?

I am also concerned for example that if we just plan/schedule operations 3 and 5 in APO, how will there be a plan/schedule for the middle operation 4?

Thanks for any advice on this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

For your first question - yes, you can just CIF across the resources involved in operations 3 and 5 and need not CIF all the other resources. While transferring PDS, it will transfer only those operations with the APO relevant resources. So in APO PDS, you can only see the relevant operations.

After the creation of the planned order in APO, it will be transferred to ECC. While converting the planned order to Production order, other operations will also be scheduled.

Please revert if further information needed.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Answers (0)