cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Lightspeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know how to disable lightspeed. I am trying to disable lightspeed for the standard HCM Forms application asr_process_execute. I have tried the following options, but both of them did not work. can you please let me know what is wrong.

1. set the "Application parameter" of the iView to WDLIGHTSPEED=(blank), I am not sure which iview property to use for the sap-wd-lightspeed URL parameter.

2. I ran the wd_global_setting application, but even after i click on the save data button data is not saved. the check box for lightspeed stays check even after i save.

In short i am trying to turn off lightspeed for asr_process_execute, as the "Start Process" appearing above the roadmap, does not use our branding and still appears blue. any ideas?

Thanks,

Anand

Edited by: Kirupanand Venkatapathi on Aug 4, 2011 2:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

May I ask why you want to disable the lightSpeed rendering. This actually improves the browser rendering performance and its other advantages. check it out the benfits of LightSpeed rendering and decide.

anyway coming to your questions

>>1. set the "Application parameter" of the iView to WDLIGHTSPEED=(blank), I am not sure which iview property to use for the sap-wd-lightspeed URL parameter.

In the iView properties, there will be property "application parameter" there you need to pass this parameter.

>>2. I ran the wd_global_setting application, but even after i click on the save data button data is not saved. the check box for lightspeed stays check even after i save.

This feature is available in SAP_BASIS 7.01, 7.11, and higher. Could you check whether you are in this version.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

We are using a grey theme and the "Start Process for Employee" iview still displays the "Start Process" text above the roadmap still appeaars in blue and we don't want to use the scroll bar.

I am trying to disable lightspeed so we can use the paginator for scrolling and apply the existing theme.

I passed the wdlightpseed=(space) parameter to the iview in application parameters, but it does not seem to affect the iview, also tried WDTABLENAVIGATION=paginator but the scrollbar has not been replaced.

I have checked the basis version and it is 7.01.

any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Anand

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

I think the WDTABLENAVIGATION = Paginator will take effect only if you switch off WDLIGHTSPEED. Hope you are passing both the parameters together. If its still not working then I would suggest to you check it directly in the application. Modify the application parameters and set values for these two params.

Br, Saravanan