cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workcenters in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am currently looking to implement workcenters within Solution Manager. I noticed that after assigning the workcenter roles to one of our test users, certain links in the workcenters are available even though the test user does not have authorization to access the functionality.

For example:

- In the Change Management workcenter, even though the test user is not authorized to create or modify a Maintenance Optimizer transaction, "New Maintenance Transaction" is still available under "Common Tasks". What makes this case even stranger is that after I removed the create authorization to create a change request, "Create Change Request" disappeared under "Common Tasks".

- Under the "Implementation/Upgrade" workcenter, the test user is not authorized for Roadmap Definition nor Project Adminsitration, they still see links for "Define Roadmap" and "Project Administration".

My question is:

- Am I missing a configuration or authorization that alllows the users to view these links

- If I am not missing anything, does this represent ABAP or WebDynpro changes?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

You can also get more information ins the Soluton Manager Security Guide for your Release and SP level on Service

Marketplace, and it provides the roles. You can examine the specific authorization objects in transaction PCFG.

Between the two you should be able to granulate your authorizations.

Regards,

Paul

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you gone through below note?

Note 1160651 - Work Centers: How to Customize (Solution Manager)

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

I believe that is what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for your answer and if I do have any further questions on this subject, I will bump up this topic.