cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation Error "SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and currently trying to install SOLMAN 7.0 EHP 1 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I have read the documentation also. For JDK I have used "j2sdkfb-1_4_2_24-rev-b06-windows-amd64.exe" which looks to be working fine.

The installation process runs fine until it hits "Start Instance" the message on the bottom says "Starting instance xxx/DVEBMGSOO" (where xxx is my sid) and then its times out after 10 minute. After timing out I get the following error on the window.

An error occurred while processing option SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: ABAP processes of instance ORC/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:00 minutes. Giving up.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS.

Though the installation steps are not fully completed but I do see SAP management Console and when I open it I see two process running "msg_server.exe" & "igswd.exe" The process dispwork.EXE starts in the beginning and then stops and stays stopped. I tried restarting all the process again but only tow of them starts and the process "dispwork.EXE" starts but then stops again. I also did a NEW installation considering a file could have been corrupted or something else but the installation process stops and the same place. I am sure ppl have installed SOLMAN on windows 2008 R2 and this error seems common to me. Please assist. Any tips would be nice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I tried restarting all the process again but only tow of them starts and the process "disp+work.EXE" starts but then stops again. I also did a NEW installation considering a file could have been corrupted

In order to find that out you'll need to look into the logfiles the workprocess generates.

Check

dev_w0

in the systems work directory.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to al for the valuable advice. The Installation ran smooth after increasing the RAM to more then 6GB and Virtual RAM to more than 10GB. Looks like the error was related to Physical memory and virtual memory. Though I cannot confirm but if the installation is done using a (VMware) Virtual machine installing "VMware tools" also has a conflict with the Processes.

Thanks Again to all who responded.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your configtool connecting to the database correctly?

Also, which is the result for the command "R3trans -d"?

Regards,

Eduardo