cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a solution which can help me in tracing the changes made by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We need to open our SAP system from time to time to do some changes. Can you please advice how to track changes a user makes when the system is open?

While opening we do Changes allowed without tracking and I want some kind of solution which can help me in tracing the changes made by user.

Please suggest me the your advices and suggestions, as I need to find out what is best practice ?

Regards

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

It is known from an SAP Admin perspective that certain functional changes require a system opening (certain FICO configs, etc that cannot be captured and transported easily). For your question - I think it depends on what level of detail you are looking for. Many objects in SAP already have associated change logs in which you can directly see the relevant changes made and by whom at what time- but this depends on what objects are being changed (master data, etc).

One thought that comes to mind that may give you some level of visibility to transactions/reports accessed by the user is to use SM19 - the Security Audit log to activate and view high level user activity (transactions, reports, RFC) or 2). You can switch on for use in question during a client opening. Alternatives may be add-on tools, but that may add cost.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually it shouldn't be necessary to open the production system to do changes. A popuplar example is

Note 1581055 - Opening and closing posting periods as current setting

What settings to you have to do that can't be transported?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is that it a little complicated to explain. In a nutshell, we want a procedure that if the system (Prod, Q and Dev) is open in emergency to do some necessary changes, we want to track what the user has done just to monitor. As when we open the system SCC4 we have to choose the option 'Changes allowed and no tracking of changes'

so any one can misuse it for the time its being open.

So, i am just planning to make some procedure in my company as we had some problems while the system was open for some necessary change.