Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Material Type in MM02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement from restricting access to material type in Transaction MM02.

We have the Auth Obje M_MATE_MAR to restrict the Material Types. However, the Material Types needs to be restricted by Authorization Group. We get the below statement when we double click on M_MATE_MAR

Defined fields

Fields Possible values Meaning

ACTVT 01 User may create data.

02 User may change data.

03 User may display data.

06 User may flag data for deletion.

BEGRU Here you must specify the authorization groups from table T134 for which the materials concerned may be processed.

In Tansaction OMS2 against each material type we need to maintain separate authorisation group. We have about 15 material Types and i need to create 15 auth Grp

I have created one Auth Grp and i request to advice if i need to assign this Auth Grp to any Table Assignment. I see that the Table T134 is assigned to the Auth Grp MC. The Table T134 maintains the list of Material Types.

Please advice what should be my next action after creating the Auth group in SE54.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Why you want to create authorization groups in SE54??

When you create material authorization groups in OMS2 (Remember, you should not leave any material blank, all the 15 materials that you have should be assigned to some authorization group. If there is a blank material, user will get access to it), you just need to maintain the authorization group at M_MATE_MAT. The authorization restriction should work fine now.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

I'm sorry this makes me quite confused....

Is there no requirement to create an Authorization Group in SE54? Then how and which Authorization Group do i need to assign in OSP2.

In the transaction OSP2 we have a field "Authorization group" and we need to maintain an Auth Group value here. Unless i create an Auth Group in SE54 i cant assign any value here right?

Else, can we directly give an value in OSP2 in the field Authorization group and then add the same Auth Grp value in the Auth Obj M_MATE_MAT.

Please advice.

Regards

0 Kudos

You can enter what you like in the auth group field. You do not have to create it in SE54 before you can use it in this case. Try it, you might like it!

The auth group concept is flexible (and sometimes ill-conceived) and varies between application areas. SE54 can potentially make life a bit easier but it is not mandatory (in this case).

0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth:

As Raghu mentioned, you shouldn't need to create the auth group in SE54.

Once the authorization group is populated with a value, you will noticed that an authorization check now occurs on that field for this specific material.

Enter authorization group value in OMS2

By entering a value in OMS2, an auth check will occur on every material classified under than material type, even if the auth group field is not populated directly in the material. If a value is populated in the material in MM02. two auth checks will occur, one based on the value populated in MM02, and another based on the value populated for that specific material type in OMS2. Hope this helps.

Sorry, a link I posted earlier is now removed.

Best,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe reading this thread could give you an insight

[]