cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement in QA11 -- Record Usage Decision, have to change goods movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a need in which I have to change Movement type from 350 to 501 for field RQEVA-VMENGE08, in screen SAPMQEVA 0102.

Currently quantity we entered , get posted by 350 movement type.

If any one ever come through such scenario, please help me out.

Regards,

Jeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeet,

Well I think 501 movement is used to receive the goods without PO, whereas 350 transfers the material from quality to block stock.

Former is the goods receipt and generates FI / CO documents in background passing entries to GL, while later is just a transfer posting without any accounting document entry.

To the best of knowledge this may not be feasible. In fact the materials that you have already received in quality inspection, how come it be inwarded again that too in QA11?

Just for curiosity, can you please elaborate the exact functional requirement for which you are planning to proceed to with this solution?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

I am very sorry for late reply.

Actually , FS , is that we have to move extra quantity which have been recieved from vendor at QI , and move that to stock using 501 movmnt type.

Field vmenge08 is now moving value by 350 mvmnt type and moving to blocked stock , but I need that value entered in vmenge08 now should go through 501 mvmnt type.

Let me make u clear , I'm wrkng with sap AFS module.

Is that possible , if yes, than how to achieve that , awaiting ur reply.

Regards,

Jeet

Edited by: jeet.chauhan on Aug 8, 2011 9:16 AM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

I am quoting what I have understood. Kindly correct me if something goes wrong in understanding!

1. Letu2019s assume you have received (actually posted through GR) 100 NOS.

2. Since you have activated 01 inspection type, system will create inspection lot of 100 NOS.

3. Now you realize that this is extra quantity. Actually you have received 90 NOS.

4. So you want to reduce the system stock by 10 NOS.

If above is the scenario, then neither posting is to block stock nor 501 movement can serve the purpose. Kindly note 350 (moving to block stock) is transfer posting which moves the material from one compartment to another. Total quantity remains same i.e. 100 NOS

As per my knowledge, stock of the material rises by 501 movement. But here your requirement is to reduce the stock from system as you have received extra quantity.

If you want to rectify the stock, (reduce extra stock) I would suggest to go to change inspection lot menu through QA32. There click on u201CCorrect actual quantityu201D and put the actual quantity that you have received. As a result of which system carries out 102 movement in background and reduces extra stock.

But in my opinion, 501 through QA11 may not be feasible!

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (0)