Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter for number of times the user can reset the password for himself

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently my SAP system allows the users to chage the password once in a day. Can anyone please tell me what is the parameter to set the value, so that the users can change the password multiple times in a single day.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guru

4 REPLIES 4

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

login/password_history_size

regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

login/password_change_waittime provides the frequency with which password can be changed,i.e Wait time between two password changes. Try this out with your Basis admin, by giving minimum value as 0

login/password_history_size stores the previous passwords set by the user

also check thru RZ11/RSPARAM(report) all parameters login/password

0 Kudos

login/password_change_waittime provides the frequency with which password can be changed,i.e Wait time between two password changes. Try this out with your Basis admin, by giving minimum value as 0

login/password_history_size stores the previous passwords set by the user

This is correct. Thanks Plaban for rectifying the same. Also note that this is for system SAP NW 6.4 onwards. Earlier version has predefined limit for 1 day. So for OP if your system is an old timer then this is not possible.

Edited : To OP - However why this is require? Are users in your organization sharing their passwords? Why they need to change the password so frequently?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Aug 4, 2011 11:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

As per my knowledge, the default/minimum time is 1 day, which means if a user changes his password today, he can only change it again the next day. You can increase the # of days by using the parameters, but can't make it 0 (0 means the default value which is 1).

Regards,

Raghu