Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing ESS webdynpro ABAP FPM applications

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am required to change sap standard ESS package in terms of webdynpro ABAP personal data screens with some of the fileds needs to hided or need to make mandatory from optional fields.

Below is the SAP URL I a referrring to :

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/a4/b1b1674f1442c281f4956efecfc945/frameset.htm

Click->Services Available for Employee Self-Service (WDA)->International Services->Personal Information->Personal Data

Since these are FPM WDA applications, I am wondering how to get started with first change right from looking in to SE80

Could you please anyone post how to get started with first change like hiding one of the UI field from this ESS webdynpro ABAP screen?

Thanks and Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can achive this by enhancing standard components, if you identified your FPM Component then we can easily do the custom changes via Enhancement options available in WDA.

Please find some related info on enhacements in WDA in the below link.

Link:[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/message.jspa?messageID=10469091#10469091]

Regards,

S.Meganadhan

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks madhusudan.

I am finding difficult to identify corresponding webdynpro component for US Personal data screen to be changed for ESS.

I am using ehp5 version.

As you see above link which I am referring to, I went to component configuration for US personal data,and when try to find associated webdynpro component in workbench, I only see an blank webdynpro screen.

How to go to associated US personal data webdynpro component and those screens to be modified.?

Basically I required to show/hide some fields for US personal data for ESS as described in above link and change from one of the field to madatory from optional.

How do we achieve this.? any procedure/info/links pls let me know. If possible pls send your contact no to praveen.be.cseATgmail.com.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Were you able to find how to find the corresponding webdynpro abap view for a ESS process? I am stuck at the same step. Looks like the UI is generated dynamically based on the FPM settings

Answers (0)