Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have a high Polling interval

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is a File to R3 scenario. I have three questions:

1. Can we have a polling interval as 5 hours. If not what is the least time that can be given.

2. The files might be put by the users in the end of the day. So, can the communication channel be turned on and off only when the files are put in the ftp. And if the channels are on all the time, is it a problem.

3. The Production landscape was also configured newly. Now i have done the configuration in Production. The receiver channel is a XI adapter. Now can i check if everything is working fine. I mean how can i check if the data will get transferred to the R3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

>>>Can we have a polling interval as 5 hours. If not what is the least time that can be given.

Setting polling interval in comm channel level is not best practice/suggestable...you can schedule the channel in RWB ATP so the channel would be available in that perticular time period

>>>The files might be put by the users in the end of the day. So, can the communication channel be turned on and off only when the files are put in the ftp. And if the channels are on all the time, is it a problem.

Though the channel available all time it is not a problem...but any way if you think files will be arrived only at perticular time then ATP scheduling would be the better option

>>>The Production landscape was also configured newly. Now i have done the configuration in Production. The receiver channel is a XI adapter. Now can i check if everything is working fine. I mean how can i check if the data will get transferred to the R3

you can check SXMB_MONI transaction in SAP ECC system

Also check the below blog for ATP:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Regards,

Naveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies.

But is it possible to check if the channel is working, before the first set of production data is triggered?

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

You could be able to check the connectivity even before triggering the data while it tries to connect to the FTP it shows ping is successfull.

ATP can be checked only once data is triggered.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Debashish has written above, you can use Availability Time Planning (from RWB).

To check Message status, use SXMB_MONI transaction.

To check Runtime Message Status, use Runtime Workbench Monitor.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we can use communication channel availability time planning for your requirement

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/ad6cfeb5492a86e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

You can monitor Proxy scenarion using XI adapter by using SXMB_MONI transaction in SAP ECC system