Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion Transport only for Target System

jrg_masurek
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need some help or a good idea.

Is it possible to create a transport, which deletes objects on a target system but keeps it on the original system?

scenario:

A transport is imported on a target system for testing.

This transport contains objects, which cause a message similar like

'You have to delete this object on the original system.'

when trying to delete them manually.

After 2 weeks testing period it has to be removed from target system,

but I want to keep it on the original system.

I thought about a deletion transport, but SAP tells me, i have to delete on the original system to keep the synchronicity.

On the other hand all objects are in a special namespace.

If there is a chance to delete a namespace with all objects contained, this would solve the problem too.

I hope, someone can help.

Thanks for your efforts.

Kind regards,

Jörg.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

the norm would be to delete the program on the source system and transport the deletion transport.

If you are getting the message :

u201CYou have to delete this object on the original systemu201D when trying to delete the object then as a workaround (not supported by SAP) you could change the SRCSYSTEM in TADIR for this object so that the SRCSYSTEM matches the system you want to delete it from. Then try to delete it manually.

Deleting the namespace will not delete the objects, it just means the object will be assigned to a nonexistent namespace and give you other troubles.

Again, playing around with TADIR is not supported but if this is just a system for testing and you want to remove the program manually and leave the original in the source then you could try this.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

What you want to do is not recommendable. As you know, you will have your DEV and PROD systems with a different dictionary and repository status.

However, I suggest the following:

1- You already have some transport requests containing the objects (those ones you created in DEV and released to carry otu the import in PROD system). Be sure that they contain all what you need and keep them in a safe place.

2- Delete the objects in DEV system. A new deletion request will be created. Transport this request to PROD so as to delete the objects in all your landscape.

3- Reimport in DEV system the requests created in step 1. Now you will have the objects only in DEV.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Francisco