cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIX 7.1 enterprise edition queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum.I would like to know the details regarding the AIX operating system 7.1 and the features of this .Currently we are running our SAP ERP in Windows server and sql .we are planning to go for IBM power server and migrate our current systems to AIX with DB2.I have gone through some of the features of AIX 7.1 and also want to know the licensing (core based),software maintenance (SWMA) of this operating system.some of the features included in the AIX 7.1 are listed below

AIX 7.1 enterprise edition

1) Perfomance tool box

2) Power HA enterprise edition

3) Power VM enterprise edition

4) IBM systems director

5) workload manager

pls guide me whether the above mentioned features are included in the AIX 7.1 version if not what all are the features included.

Do we need to pay the software maintenance cost for all the above features.

Thanks

Arun Padikkal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

have a look here www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/v71/editions.html or just google it

basically as you move up from express(for small stand alone server) standard (for SME with static needs) enterprise you get more support for added features WPAR/powerVM/PowerHA(clusters) , more cores and agents for IBM managment sfotware such as IBM system director

HTH

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> pls guide me whether the above mentioned features are included in the AIX 7.1 version if not what all are the features included.

> Do we need to pay the software maintenance cost for all the above features.

You should ask that question your IBM sales rep, SAP does neither sell AIX licenses nor does it know how your contract with IBM is

Markus