cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from Sun JDK 1.6 to SAP JVM 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently using PI 7.0 in our landscape that has JDK with version 1.6.0_23(SP12) provided by SUN Microsystems.I got to know that the business is about to migrate the java stack to JVM 4 provided by SAP AG. As an XI developer May I know the preliminary steps that needs to be implemented before upgrading the system to avoid any possible damage to the existing interfaces.There are many interfaces which are using Java Mappings whose interface functionality may be affected post upgrade, hence I would like to know any valuable information pertaining to this concept. Would be happy to provide any information that is lacking in this thread.

Highly appreciate your response,

Thanks,

Rag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP note 1495160 and 1555341. They have all the information regarding SAP JVM 4. Also please note that only 1.4.2 jdk and SAP JVM 4 is supported for PI 7.0. The JDK you are using now is not supported by SAP.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rag

The machine where the PI 7.0 is installed must have the 1.4 JDK version. This is the only version that is supported with PI 7.0.

Also, only this version is supported on client machines where the Integration Builder tools are launched from. Do you use Java Web Start on client pc's?

Regards

Mark