cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Automatic Password on Password Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to create a custom Web Dynpro application for resetting the password when the user clicks on the Forget Password link.

I just want to know how can we auto generate a password as we are not taking any password input from the user.

The functiionality that we want is that on confirming the security answer and the user email, we want to send an auto generated password to the user's email id.

I know that there is a property in User Admin UI under the UME configuration to generate the password automatically.

But how can we use the same property here in my Web dynpro application?

Is there any possible way to access the same property using the code in Web dynpro javathrough UME API?

If not, please suggest any other way of generating the password as we have to send the password to user's email.

Please note that it should not affect the user self registration functionality where we are taking the password as input from the user.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag Gwari,

Please look this Webdynpro JAVA Application. This doc having how to

[Password Change/Reset Tool in Webdynpro Java|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0824360-ca0e-2e10-9495-c9deeb7e0d2d?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

This is for Using UME [Custom Password Reset Tool in SAP Enterprise Portal Using WebDynpro for Java|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0c09b9d-52e0-2d10-3981-86bfa8e19dc3?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

I hope this is help full for you,

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I've gone through the links that you've mentioned in your reply.

The first link talks about changing/resetting the password using some RFC in R/3 which is not significant in my case.

The second link talks about changing the password using UME API in Web Dynpro Java application.

This case is relevant to me.

But here, in this case the user is taking the input from the user and then changing the password. I just want to generate the password automatically which I am not aware of.

Can I use the "Generate Password Automatically" functionality of UME somehow in my code?

Best Regards,

Anurag