Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different procurement tyeps for different requirements

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a HALB material which can be used as a component for the production of other FERT material and I can sell that HALB material directly also. I can both procure this externally as well as produce inhouse.

Whenever I receive a sales order, that should be fulfilled by inhouse production (planned order) only.

Whenever I receive a dependent demand, that should be procured from external procurement (PR) only.

Is this Scenario possible using the standard planning heuristics?

Please let me know any solutions for this Scenario. Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Manimaran M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel that let system generates planned order in both the cases. You can convert planned order into production order if it is in-house manufacturing or you can also convert planned order into Purchase requisition -- Purchase order if it is externally procured.

I hope this will help You.

Ravi Maddela...

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thanks for your reply.

I thought of this option already. but I want it to happen automatically in Planning.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I couldn't think of any standard functionality available in APO for such scenario.

So you have to use some exits.

What immediately comes to my mind is the user exit in CTM.

/SAPAPO/CTM_SOSEXT CTM: Modify External Procmnt Sources of Supply

This exit intervenes in CTM engine SOS selection process and changes the SOS.

You may want to distinguish the demands by ATP categories. (Sales orders and dependent demands)

You can consider running the engine twice, once for in-house SOS and once for ext procurement.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to know, whether you are open to use CTM engine.

If you are using, as I said earlier you can use CTM twice.

In first you can restrict the demands to Sales orders only and select in-house SOS.

and in second you can restrict the demands to dependent demands and select ext proc SOS.

Let me know if it helps your scenario.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your answers.

Actually we are not open to use CTM. I am looking for the standarad option in PPDS heuristics or optimizer.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Could you please share the outcome of Frank's Suggestions...

Very curious to know...

Thanks & regards,

Ashok

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know how to control this in a standard planning heuristic but you can use a BADI to filter the allowed sources of supply during order creation.

The problem is that you need to know what was the original demand which caused the creation of the order.

At the time of source selection the order object is created.

Order object of Class /SAPAPO/CL_RRP_ORDER has an attribute called OT_DEMAND in this table you can find the dependent demands which caused the creation of the order.

If you have the order object or the order data orderid, position_no and line_no you can get the table. just the fact that the table exists means you have a dependent demand.

This is just an idea of which I do not know that it will work.

If you have lot sizes or demand combination it will not work.

Indeed that is very difficult.

Manually it is possible to change the source of supply of a procurement element based on pegging to a demand but the dynamic pegging could change at any time.

BR Frank

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thank you so much for your response. I will try the options you mentioned.

Regards,

Manimaran M.