cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when displaying smartform in chinese language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have copied a standard smart form into Z smartform and added few fields in it as per the requirement .

When I display form in english or german it prints correctly .

when I print it in Chinese it prints the workarea name which I am using to print the values of the fileds .

it prints as below

&wa_vbak-budat&

please help , I tried changing the font type and size but it still shows the same.

Regards,

Gayatri Hemnur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - If you have a Unicode system initially review SAP note 812821 for detailed instructions how to print with non-latin1 languages.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

The first step for translation is that u have to change the regional settings in your computer. Or You should logon with Chinese language.

If you have done that already, i think the problem may be that in the reoport the length of the field is smaller than the space required for the chinese characters.

Even if it is done i think you can try doing this, go to se63 translate the field once again and save it. I think this should solve your problem.

BR

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check whether the chinese fonts CNSONG and CNHEI are active in server ?

Please try this once.

Thanks

Hariharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hariharan,

This happens with only one field, other fileds gets printed properly in chinese.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gauhri

Can you display how you have entered the text in chnage editor?

Thanks

hariharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its copied from standard form < i dint make any chAnges in it.

just copied from standard smartform .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

Each chinese character will take two bytes where as english character takes one byte.

So copy the contents of wa_vbak-budat into a variable v_budat :

v_budat type text. " in global .decalration

And display &v_budat&

Try this and let me know if any success.

BR

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SPAD settings taking help of you SAP BASIS team.

Regards,

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the text element select option to enter new field and then type the value &wa_vbak-budat&.

At times the form doesnt identify this as a variable and prints it as text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you add this field in the translation? You are not supposed to type the field name direclty in the form.If you do so, the field name will be printed instead of values.