prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the Text determination

1. Sales Order - Header Level & Item Level

2. Delivery - Header Level & Item Level

3 Billing - Header Level & Item

i couldn't able to find out the Table name and fields in sales order, delivery & Billing because at the O/P print they required those data's .Kindly Give me the Information

and also can any guide me How to put text mandatory in Billing level ( header & Item Level ) , i know it is not possible in Standard SAP

Can any guide me how to put mandatory for text in billing what kind of enhancement i have to do

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For picking the Text of any document you will have to use the Function Module : READ_TEXT (in T-Code SE37), where :

ID :- is basically the Text ID

Name :- is basically document no. for Header Text; and a Combination of Document No. and Item No. for Item Text

Object:- VBBK for Header, and VBBP for Item

Take the help of ABAP Consultant.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Check like this .In user exit userexit_number_range in program RV60AFZZ.. In this READ_TEXTfm will come with the required object. It will return text if the user enterd. If it doesnt returns any thing then raise a message.This will trigger while saving invoice time.

Regards,

Madhu.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Can any one tell me what are the table and fields i need to consider and if any one provide some example like written code

because i am new to this enhancement

please guide me

Regards,

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can use the FM read_text

you have to give the table names

VBBK for header

VBBP for item

and your text id to the abapper

regards

Prashanth

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

How to maintain the Text in Billing level Mandatory

I know it is not possible in Standard SAP so what is the program , User_exit & What code i need to write

please guide me

Regrads,

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

It is not possible.

What you can do is make the text as mandatory in sales order, and from there you should copy the text to the invoice header.

by configuring text determination in VOTXN

regards

Prashanth

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

At the time of billing they want to enter the text in billing level only so it is applicable in billing level

so kindly give me the solution

Regards,

Prasanna

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried in the Item Level system is not picked the Text i have done like this

T-Code SE37 , FM : READ_TEXT, after execute

ID: I maintained the Text ID (ZBAL)

Language : En

NAME : Billing Number (0090000016)

Object : VBBP

i executed but system is not showing the value which i entered in the billing document

Plz guide me

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As I mentioned in my earlier Post, for picking the text from Line Item you will have to concatenate the Billing Doc. No. and Line Item No. So for Example your Billing No. is 9000000012 and Line Item is 10, then you will have to add these two (Maximum 16 Characeter) . I am not very sure whether you have to make the Billing no. to 12 character and then Item No. to 4 caharacter, or Billing No. to 10 Characeter and Item No. to six caharacter, by prefixing it with leading zero.

So in above example it will be either 9000000012000010 or 0090000000120010. Check with both the options.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are referring to Item.

So text name should be concatenated with Billing number and Item number.

Ex: 0090000173000010 (You need to pass concatenated value)

0090000173 (Billing Number)

000010 (item)

Thanks,

Anitha A

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

its working fine

and How to maintain the Text in Billing level Mandatory

I know it is not possible in Standard SAP so what is the program , User_exit & What code i need to write

please guide me

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the following user exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ) for what code needs to be written, you need to take help of an ABAPer. The logic has to be provided by you though.

Regards,

Deepak

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me that user-exit is helpful to the Number ranges or Text Determination also?

I have done Text determination Billing Header & Item Level but my doubt is With out entering the Text in Header level & Item we can save the Billing

Can you please tell me what is the Logic and what are the inputs (Table & fields ) i have to go to the ABAPer if you don't can you please tel me the details

Please guide me because i am new to this enhancement

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exit is for number range but can be used for creating the validation for text fields. That is if the text field is empty the system will not allow you to save the billing document.

Read_Text Function module needs to be used to check whether there is any data in the text item or not. Beyond this u need to sit with ABAPer and explain him/her the requirement and he/she should be able to do this. This is a simple requirement to capture.

Regards

Deepak