Capacity check method: 4

Bin setting:

Total capacity: 1000

Material master WM view 1:

Capacity Usage: 1

Material master WM view 2

Palletization data: 1000GM = 1IP

Question:

I have a range of bins, but the first bin within the range will not exceed the Total capacity if current TO (500GM) is processed, when i do the second TO (300GM) with the same material (different batch) the system propose next empty bin, not the bin that exist contain the same material that have not exceed.

any other settings i missing hence is not working in my case.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YorkD,

I currently assigned Storage Type XXX for Putaway strategy: P

Mixed Storage: u201CXu201D mixed storage is not limitation

Addition to Stock: u201CXu201D Addition to existing stock permitted

SU Mgmt Active: Checked

SUT check active: Checked

In the material master data I have input the palletization data as below:

Material X = 100 GM for each pallet (IP)

Material Y = 200 GM for each pallet (IP)

For each storage bin I have divided into 4 sections (or quants), so basically naming convention will be like this

C11000 / 1

C11000 / 2

C11000 / 3

C11000 / 4

When I create a To for material X (10GM, partial pallet), the system will automatically propose the bin C11000/1.

If I create another TO for material X (5GM, partial pallet) different batch, the system will automatically propose the bin C11000/2.

If I create TO for material Y (10 GM), the system will assign material Y to bin C11000/3.

Now my question is:

1.Should the system fill in C11000/1 before moving on to C11000/2 ?

2.For the putaway strategy: u201CPu201D, the system suggest full pallet or partial pallet?

Thanks

Jacky

Former Member
0 Kudos

For P strategy, the system considers Storage Unit Type rather than the qty a pallet is carrying. After all, no matter a pallet is full or partial, it consumes the same physical area, doesn't it?

Hope this makes sense to you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YorD,

You mean the system won't automatically sugesst even if the Mixed Storage X, right?

Thanks

Jacky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. Setting "Mixed storage" just allows different quant to be kept in one bin. It does not influence bin search strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacky,

To be more accurate, strategy "I" should be called as "Addition to quant". Since the second TO carries different batch, the system suggests the next empty bin because it can not find a quant with the same characteristics. You can try to putaway another quant with same batch and it should work. Of course, beside batch, the following must also be the same for the quant to be putaway and the existing quant in destination bin:-

Plant

Material number

Batch number

Stock category

Special stock indicator and number

Hope it helps.