cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Report for WBS Element Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP. In the present scenario with the client I need to create a WBS group which will be used for generating a cost report.

I have created the WBS group in CJSG but unable to use those groups for generating a cost report.

In some threads in this forum i saw some suggestion to use report painter for the same scenario.

If that is the only possible way to generate a cost report for WBS groups, can any one please tell me how to do the same.

Also please let me know if there is any other way to group the WBS and generate a cost report.

Kindly give your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Ravi.C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As my colleague has mentioned I am afraid we can not provide the requested information as different customers may have different requirements. Please check the note I have provided to you and check your requirements with your ABAP Programmer or SAP Consultant I am sure they will be able to help you.

Apologies for not being more positive this time.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Report painter is one way of getting this request and SAP Help has the details reagrding the same. Another option would be to create a ABAP report with WBS Group in the selection criteria.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please review note 156690 which explains how you can create a report-writer/report-painter

report for selection with WBS element groups? Please take the following into consideration:

1. A library can be a library for project reporting containing the shortcut PS. This library the must do the object selection regarding the characteristic OBJNR (object number) only ->characteristic OBJNR active. The characteristics PSPID, POSID and AUFNR must not be inactive here.

2. Or a library can be a library for generic reporting with repor-writer and report-painter. This library must not contain shortcut PS. In this library you can activate characteristics PSPID, POSID and AUFNR. Characteristic OBJNR must not be active here.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for you time and support,

Enrique,

I am trying with the report painter. I am still finding it difficult to identify the library, report group and the table ( ie : in GR53,GR23,etc ) which i should use for generating this report. It will be helpfull if you could provoide me with that info.

Sreekanth,

If we can develope the ABAP report, which of the standard report will be more helpfull to fetch the datas for creating the ABAP report

Best Regards,

Ravi.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on your business requirement. If you look at the information systems for cost, you can see many standard reports each giving perspective. So you need to find out which one suits your requirement and then use taht for reference. When you generate a ABAP report, you can have your own features added (in case needed) as well. You will have to work with your technical team member and provide all the relevant project / cost related table details for fetching the data and displaying in the report.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

It will be more helpful if you could provide the Library name and the table name. I am trying my best but still I am not able to find the library for generating the WBS group cost report in report painter.

Best Regards,

Ravi.C