cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dynpro welcome example edit context mapping problem

0 Kudos

hi,

i tried to build a web dynpro like the welcome example from web dynpro.

so i created the views etc, created an atrribute matnr in the context of the component.

then i connected the other views with the component. for this i used the required controllers.

so, now i created a attribute nr in the context of the other view and wanted to connect it with matnr from beginning with edit context mapping.

but in the shown context is not the attribute matnr. there is no attribute.

any idea what went wrong or is there something that i missed?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Do one thing Create Value Attribute under Context like(matnr). Next Right Click on Webdynpro Component Click on Open Data Modular that time it will open data modular View. Here we are doing Context Mapping to Component Controller to View Controller that time Same Value Attribute will be created in View Controller also.

In context mapping, the actual context data is saved only once in the original node. All other context nodes that are mapped to this original node reference the same contents, without having to save it again, for example using copies. In this way, inconsistent context contents are avoided.

Please look at this simple WDJ Application. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/e4d61774174344a4b126ad07e8c230/content.htm

I hope this is help full for you,

Regards

Vijay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

ah, i think i found my mistake. i added the attribute at the componentview, not at the component controller

im going to try it again

0 Kudos

as i wrote, i connected them. i can see it in the data modeler and i see it in the listing. but there is still no attribute to select in the context mapping to which i can map the other attribute

0 Kudos

hi,

i looked and i connected the views with the right component. i even tried the other way as described in your tutorial, but i have still the same problem. after i connect them, the wizard where i can map the attributs opens, but there is no attribut at the component side.

and if i open the component in the data modeler view, there is a third view, the componentview, is this right?

is it possible that i defined the component attribute wrong? i can see the attribute if i click on the component and then on context.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Open the Diagram view (Click on webdynpro component) and then create a delta link between component controller and ivew.

Then you can map the attributes to controller.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

lvhengel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I think you connected the Interface Controller instead of the Component Controller in the required controllers.

You can check this in the Diagram View of the Component. There you can also do the context mapping by double clicking on the datalink.

Regards,

Leo