cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of messages - FTP to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an existing FTP to R/3 interface using File Adapter.

Yesterday for a particular period of time same messages has been processed twice from the FTP.

PFB my communication channel processing parameters,

Quality of Service - 'Exactly Once'

Poll Interval - 60 secs

What might be reason for duplication of the message ?

Regards,

Thyagu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagu,

Check with FTP admin, there might be some problem in FTP, due to some reason it placed the same files multiple times/ write the same data into multiple files on source folder.

Last week I had similar issue where the files were processed by PI and posted Idocs to ECC. Since these were duplicates around 1200 Idocs were failed to post where the documents were already modified by other IDocs.

I checked with FTP admin and given the timestamp details when it was happend. They found some problems on FTP server after checking the logs during given time stamps and found an issue writing of the same data into multiple files. The issues was cleared automatically at FTP end after some duration and it's start writing files normally.

FTP Admin confirmed tha they will make sure that it would not happen again. But not sure what kind of actions/fix they were done.

it's worth to check with FTP end.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

This cannot happen in my scenario , since i will move my XML files to an archive folder in FTP .

In that case duplicate files cannot be processed .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

This cannot happen in my scenario , since i will move my XML files to an archive folder in FTP .

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Same issue happened to us, the solution was to separate the polling from the archiving. It was done as follows:

1.) Set the processing mode to delete

2.) Create a business component for archiving

3.) Create a receiver communication channel of nfs type(for step 2) which saves on your preferred directory.

4.) In your receiver determination, add the business component stated in step 2

5.) Create a dummy interface determination

6.) Create your file receiver agreement

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagu,

Can you please check if there was any error during the archiving of the file? Though this would not necessarily lead to the duplication of messages.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagu,

In my scenario, the XML files are moving to ARCHVIE folder after processing. The issues is as "the source system(whcih is place the files on FTP server) writes the same data into one or more files instead of 1 file where it should be.

Is duplicate messages happening by processing the same file mulitple times or the same data with diffrent file names?

I guess .., It should not be a same file, because you are archiving the file after processing. It might be diffrent files with the same data. So this needs to be verified with FTP admin and source system how they are placing the files on FTP.

Cheers

Veera

Edited by: Veeranjaneyulu.P on Aug 3, 2011 1:11 PM

anand_solanki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I am facing the same issue. Can anyone tell how this was resolved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

CHECK THE FILE PERMINISIONS FOR DELETE AND ARCIVE FOLDER.....

CHANGE THE PROCESSIONG MODE FROM ARCHIVE TO DELEAT AND CHECK THE RESULT.......

REGARDS,

KESAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you running in a clustered environment with multiple J2EE server nodes ? If so, check SAP Note 801926 & 821267(Q 4 & 48), configure the addtl parameter in the channel.

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could refer to the notes below and check if they are relevant for your SP:

#1363044 - Guid does not generate unique IDs

In note #1361305, there is a referrenced note #1339612. They work together to ensure the GUID is uniquely generated.

Regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

My message ID's are unique but same data has been processed twice (2 messages with same content in SXMB_MONI).

I confirmed that the data duplication is not from the source system.

Edited by: Thyagu Natarajan on Aug 2, 2011 3:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is possible that file size is huge, and in second poll interval the first interval had not picked up file completely?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi spantaleoni ,

The file size is medium , but i have processed larger files than this without any issue.

If size is the case, is it fine if i increase the poll length ?

Or is there any other option to restrict the duplication?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this options :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/DifferentwaystokeepyourInterfacefromprocessingduplicate+files