cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIM Uninstall

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a VIM 5.2 system installation in one of my clients that have not been properly setup. I have a red flag in "Configure RFC Destination", the baseline configuration does not exist, etc...

I am wondering if doing an "uninstall" and installing the product again would be the best solution, rather than fixing all the problems that may arise from the previous installation.

Thanks if advance from your input.

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

based on your information I think that the DMS forum is not the correct place for questions on VIM 5.2. By search other SAP customer messages on this topics I see that most of these message are raised in component XX-PART-OPT-INV as OSS message.

However in these messages I found the following information on uninstalling VIM:

You cannot uninstall VIM once it's installed and to delete it from your system, just like with any other SAP component, you can only restore the whole system from a backup. That means that disabling it is much easier.

You'll need to disable two starting points of parking workflows, plus one for PO blocking workflows:

1. Deactivate BADI /OPT/VIM_CHECK_MIRO in se19 - this is for PO parking

2. For NPO parking you have to deactivate the BTE: Excecute /n/opt/spro, then select - Non PO - Non PO Parking process - Triggering parking WF - Configuring BTE - BTE for FI invoice. You'll need to delete the line with our BTE function (and later restore it when you start implementing VIM).

3. For PO blocking workflows you'll need to deactivate the event linkage BUS2081 POSTED with receiver type WS00275264, in tcode SWE2.

As this is not standard configuration, you can also check with our consultant Juan Ramos, who is currently on your project.

Best regards,

Christoph