cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCK Sender agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

At <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/73e03fc2269615e10000000a155106/content.htm">help.sap.com</a> I see that Sender agreements are not required in cases of proxies, SOAP & Mail adapter.

Since there is no Receiver Determination Step in PCK and receiver has to be mentioned in the Sender Agreement, If Sender agreement is not required for proxies, SOAP & MAIL, how are the receiver party & service mentioned?

Do they have to be sent by the client programs of proxy, SOAP & Mail? If yes, the WSDL generated has to contain the details of the receiver psrty and service too. Is that true?

Please clarify.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As of my knowledge, we do configure receiver determination in PCK but receiver, in sender PCK configuration objcets, is always XI in sender(PCK)->XI->Receiver scenarion.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

As per <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/32/a63d40c6d98437e10000000a155106/content.htm">help.sap.com</a> there is no RD step configured on the PCK. You can see no RD step in PCK <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/1b0c9522127749a531b9c1b4f48be1/content.htm">Configuration</a>

thx

praveen

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

I do agree that we have Receiver Agreement object in PCK. But what I'm saying is that there is no receiver determination object in PCK. You can refer to the link given by you. Also, look at this blog <a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/30/pck-cross-sectional-analysis-part-1">PCK.. cross sectional analysis.. Part-1</a>

Hope I'm clear to u.

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know how you missed the last object listed in the links which required to be configured. Please go through the docs carefully. we do use XI receiver adapter and RD between sender and XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

I dont see any Receiver Determination object to be configure on PCK for PCK->XI scenario. I dont find it in the link given by you.

In the blog, the Receiver Determination step is done on XI..not on PCK.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry i was using RD in place of RA. In case of PCK we dont need to configure Receiver determination in pck as it is always XI. we config RD in XI.

Regards,

Alok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As for RD in XI i am pasting lines from sap.help

To forward the message, the following objects are required in the Integration Server:

· Party and service of party A, which sends the message. If there is a signature and you want it to be validated, you must also define a communication channel of type Sender and XI. In this case, you must also create a corresponding sender agreement (SA2).

· Party and service of party B, which receives the message. You must define a communication channel of type Receiver and XI.

· A receiver determination (RD) to determine the receiver of the message.

· An interface determination (ID) to define the inbound interface for the outbound interface of the sender.

· A receiver agreement (RA3) to transfer the message from the Integration Server to the PCK of party B.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats OK..Now did you get my question? How do we mention that XI IS is the receiver in case of proxy/SOAP/Mail where Sender Agreement is optional?....Actually Sender Agreement is where the receiver..i.e. party & service of XI IS is mentioned.

Note that I'm talking about the scenario...PCK->XI..

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

While defining RA we do mension Sender so purpose id solved right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, RA will come into picture only after the receiver is determined...which is supposed to happen in SA..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

In case of PCK->XI receiver is only one XI so we dont have to confg RD to send message to XI. as SA->RD->ID & mapping->RA is without PCK. in case of pck it is like

SA(if req)->RA->SA(xi)->RD->ID & mapping->RA. in pck only protocol conversion takes places. correct me if i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally under stand the receiver is XI IS. But how is the name of the Party & Service XI IS are determined. They have to be mentioned somewhere...If there are not mentioned in SA...how is the RA going to come into picture. Note that key for RA includes Receiver Party, Receiver Service.

Hope I'm clear to u this time atleast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a try.

see we confg SA for sending msg to Integration server(or PCK) at this point it is not required to give receiver service. In pck sender service is taken from msg header and for that sender it searches for Receiver on the basis of RA if RD is not maintained. for RA to come in picture it is not required to maintain receiver in SA.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> At

> <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/7

> 3e03fc2269615e10000000a155106/content.htm">help.sap.com

></a> I see that Sender agreements are not required

> in cases of proxies, SOAP & Mail adapter.

This is not correct for the PCK. You need a sender agreement for any adapter.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thakns a lot for your reply Stefan.

I think the pipeline definition is different for PCK. Can you plz provide me the link or documentation on this.

thx in adv

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos