cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk for VAR and Service Desk for Service Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Experts,

1.What is the difference between Service desk for VAR and service desk for service provider. i have read the sap doc, can anyone explain the difference in terms usage

2.I am looking for automatic effort recording, I mean a report to see how much time was spent on a ticket from creation to closure.

I am aware of the time recording , in which every time user has to enter the effort spent, is this possible to automatic like how other 3rd party ticketing tools calculate the time spent(stop and start the clock as per the statuses)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

VAR- Value Added Resellers.
"SAP PartnerEdge Channel Partners are entitled to sell SAP Business
 All-in-One and BusinessObjects Software including maintenance*. 
They engage with SAP and their customers via a shared support delivery model. 
Within this shared support delivery model, Value Added Resellers take care of their 
customers while providing first and second level support and related maintenance 
services".

you can find more here,

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/Solutionmanager > in left panel SAP Solution Manager for Partners (LEFT) > Information for Service Provider > Setup Document

and regarding automatic effort recording we proceed by our own custom programing.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Thanks for the reply, when i m configuring service desk in spro, one of activity asks to select the scenario:

1.software partner

2.service provider

3.standard

looking for replies on :

when to use service desk for software partner scenario ?

when to use service desk for service provider scenario ?

which is called VAR in above two?

Former Member
0 Kudos

experts,

can anyone provide helpful replies

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Service Provider= VAR .

Service Provider can activate specific configurations to enable the Service Desk in a Customer u2013Service Provider u2013 SAP collaboration.

Software Partner can use the Service Desk to set up an E2E Support Integration with SAP customers. Activating the preconfigured Software Partner scenario enables to receive SAP messages.

SAP delivers additional standardized scenarios for SAP Service Providers (VAR) and SAP Software partners (ISV). Those can be activated based on the standard Service Desk adding scenario specific functionality and customizing.

As per my understanding, SAP best practice suggests if you are using separate service provider and software partners in service desk (SD Customizing functionality) then you can use Multiple transaction types for Service Desk processes.

Transaction type SISV (Service Desk - Software Partner), SIVA (Service Desk for VAR scenario).

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks vivek