cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Title key in drop-down for Business Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

the "Title" drop-down list in a cusutomer or contact person does not show the keys (eg 0001, 0002 . etc.). It only shows the description (eg MIster, Mrs, Ms. etc.). I have activated "show keys in all drop-down lists" in my Options menu and other fields display the key such as fields Communication Language or Account Group or so. But just the Title field does not show the key.

I have checked table TSAD3 and also the coresponding Business Partner customizing in "Maintain address fields" but I cannot find a function to make the key visible in the Title field.

Does anybody know and can help me?

The problem is linked to language issue with having parallel Japanese and English where the key will help the users select the correct English title even though it is the same expresssion in Japanese.

Regards

Catherine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope the title of the business partner is not of drop down list box with key type. It could be simply a list box. Please check with your ABAPer and change the attribute of the field in the table to drop down list box and check again.

Also plz check the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d1/801c3a454211d189710000e8322d00/content.htm]

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard you will not get the 0001 or 0002 keys in Drop Down List for Title. However if you want to add some new title you can do the same, go to T-Code SA03, and add new Title as per your requirement.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Both,

we are using the standard for this field Title. So combining both your answers, can I conclude that in the standard this field is only a list box and not of type drop-down list with key?

Is there a way I can check the attribute of this field myself without bugging our ABAP person (they are external)?

Thanks

Catherine

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the standard field, you can't bring the key details. The reason behind this is, the key field TSAD3-TITLE is NOT available in structure SZA1_D0100. This structure contains only the field TITLE_MEDI, which is Title text (Mr, Mrs, etc), and in the customer master only the structure pulls the details dynamically.

If you don't want to bother external ABAP resource, then I would suggest to add a point at the end for example Mr. for English representation and add , for Japanese, for example Mr,

Hope this would be an acceptable solution to the user.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. We will try to find a operative solution to the problem instead.

Regards

Catherine