cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/Max_gateways

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to change the parameter Gateways one rdsip/Max_gateways to 200 from 100. Is this needed any app servers restart or Gateway restart needed.

And any other parameter (Gateways) along with this need to change.

Please help me on this

Best Regards,

Sreekantha reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can goto RZ10>Extended maint>select each instance profile and CREATE the parameter.You have to restart the apps after this change is made.There are some parameter which are unknown but you can still set it , like few em/* parameters.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run tcode RZ10, select instance profile and extended maintenance.

If the parameter is not listed in your profile, create it.

Then save and activate the profile and restart the SAP-system.

Please try this and let me know

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan/Ramamurthy,

I have not found the parameter in the RZ10 any instance or default profile it supposed to be in the instance profile.

When i checked in the RZ11 it displayed the value ( and the parameter is static needed application serer restart as well)

Please update me that how i can change the parameter ?

By adding the param in each application server in instance profile?

Why is the profile parameter is not availble at present but dispaying in the gateway parameters?

Best Regards,

Sreekantha reddy Mopuru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not all the profile parameters will in the profile, the values which you have changed or those which are required to change will be at the os level. But all the parameters will be in the database. If you have to change them then you have to manually create them in the profiles as suggested by in the other post.

You have to manitain this parameter in the instance profile of each app server because they will have there own gateway.

Regards,

Vamshi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is basic... parameters not available in the profiles is because they have their default value. You can see that in RZ11 as I mentioned before.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rdisp/max_gateways is not dynamically switchable so you have to restart your system after the parameter change. Next time check RZ11

Regards

Juan