cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing of messages fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to configure message signing between 2 XI 3.0 SP9 systems, from X02 to X01.

As explained in the latest docs on help.sap.com, I have configured a J2EE keystore (x02_private) containing a self-signed key X02. In the communication channel, I have checked 'Message Security'. In the receiver agreement, the Keystore 'x02_private' and Keystore Entry 'X02' are configured.

When trying to send a message, I get the error

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="SECURITY">SECURITY_APPLY_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>x02_private</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>X02</SAP:P2>

<SAP:AdditionalText>Communication error Proxy calls on the sender or receiver side are not permitted on the IS (client)</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:Stack>Error during signing of message: keystore 'x02_private' alias 'X02'</SAP:Stack>

Any suggestions? Install extra security libraries, set some parameter to allow signing, ... ?

Kind regards, Guy Crets

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have any of you made progress with this problem? I am getting the message:

Communication error Proxy calls on the sender or receiver side are not permitted on the IS (client)

too. My scenario is I have a RFC call to XI (RFC sender) and this is converted to a web service call (SOAP) to a HTTPS web service. In the adapter engine I get the error message:

Transmitting the message using connection http://dc1-sapxi-d01:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry failed, due to: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am getting the same comunication error as you were, i.e. 'Proxy calls on the sender or receiver side are not permitted on the IS (Client)'.

Could you tell me what steps you took to get past this error.

We are setting up XI 3.0 and just wanted to do a quick demo using the ABAP Proxy to send message to XI from R3.

Many thanks in advance!

Jawwad