cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating MDM table when another table gets updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We use MDM catalog for SRM we have a table Catogories and Hierarchy, Our requirement is when ever Catogories table gets updated we have to update the Hierarchy table using some logic, So please let me know whether it is possible to do this and How to do it.

Regards,

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

What you want to update in the Hierarchies table when Categories table gets updated, is the data which needs to imported is in the categories table import file?

Please let us know in detail of your requirement.

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

We have data in the file to update Catogories table only and We have some custom logic based on given Catogories to derive Hierachies table fields....

So there is not data in the import file for Hierachies table...

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

one source / 2 targets updatation in one import process is NOT possible.

if u have custom logic to derive hierarchy from categories - do a second import to update the hierarchy !

and this sequencing/trigger has be done outside MDM (thru PI/XI for eg.)

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit

Thanks for ur idea, Could you please help me for the below questions,

1. Currently we use Import manager to create a Catogories table, Now we want to do via PI, So we create a OUT file and drop it in the MDM OUT FTP directory but I want to know how the system picks it and process.

2. When the MDM picks the file to upload it in Catogories table whether i will do duplicate check??? Or Is there any way I can code to check whether the give data record exist in the MDM data base then exclude or Ignore those entries.

Regards,

Prabhu

Answers (0)