Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Application fails to start

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I'm trying to test a WD application in our corporate sandbox system, but the application fails to start.

By this i mean that the browser is called, but i don't get any logon screen.

The URL for the application is: HTTP://XXX.XXX.COM:1080/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/znet310_ctrl_35_opt (XXX = actual values, which are correct).

I have another observation the port in the above URL is 1080 but the port maintained for the HTTP service(viewed from SMICM trxn) in 8010. Even if i change this to 1080, it doesn't solve the problem.

As per the thread guru TJ says maintaining the hosts file may not be an option

Is there something else I need to check before trying out the host file?

BR,

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

settipalli_raj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Looks like your browser is not able to see the App server. Use PING command at command prompt and find out the IP address of the application server and replace the server name with IP address. It should look like http://<IP Address>:1080/......

Regards

Raj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Looks like this is a case of port blocking :S I've asked the network team to look into this!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Suhas

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas

Do one thing...Go to transaction RZ10 and in the instance profile change the values of port inside the parameter "icm/server_port _0" with "port = 80$$".

This will surely help you...

Thanks

Regards

Brillion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Please Try to maintain the host file and then test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the host entry , if they are maintain or not in your system.

regards

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are all the relevant WDA-related nodes in transaction SICF activated?

Is there an entry for the application itself under the node default_host->sap->bc->webdynpro->sap->[application name] ?

Do other WDA apps start (have you tried any of the standard SAP ones, eg. demo apps)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls try to see if the standard test components are working. If not then you can contact Basis for this.

Rohit

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

All the relevant services are activated in SICF. Sorry for not mentioning this, my bad!

@Trondt: Hi, none of the WD appln start. I get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I don't get the logon prompt, which we get when we start the appln.

BR,

Suhas

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

As you are not able to execute the standard application, it means the problem may be port level blocking or some services might be in deactivation mode.

Are you testing the application for first time in SE80? If yes, you need to make sure some services activated,

Check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/content.htm

IF not contact your basis one, and ask him to release the port levels.

Regards

Srinivas