cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0824E on post-load activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm installing SAP CRM 7.0 on Windows2008 R2/Oracle 11. I have the following error in step 20 of 28 'Perform post-load activities':

Process call 'C:\usr\sap\CRD\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\brconnect.exe -u / -c -f chpass -o SYS -p XXXXXX' exits with error code 3.

In brconnect.log file I have the following:

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.20 (15)

BR0824E Owner 'SYS' not found in database or not SAP owner

BR0182E Checking parameter/option 'chpass_owner/-o' failed

In the keydb.xml file the SAP owner is correct:

<row>

<fld name="dbSchemaABAP">

<strval><![CDATA[SAPSR3]]>

</strval>

</fld>

About DBATOOLS: I replaced DBATOOLS.SAR in the kernel DVD by the 7.20 version, but I'm not sure because in SAP note 1480785 there is the following line which is definitively not correct: 'For Oracle 11g, download DBATL700O10_*.SAR that is available for SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP2'. For NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2, there is only the 7.20 version !

Solution ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange behaviour...

The password of SAP owner SAPSR3 was successfully changed, but brconnect is unable to change SYS password...

I bypassed the problem by changing ERROR with OK in keydb.xml. This implies that SYS and SYSTEM users still have their default passwords.

Kind regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos

Hi,

i had the same issue during NW7.02 installation on Winodws oracle 11.

I modifed the Kernel DVD via 1480785 and replaced DBATL700O10_.SAR with DBATL720O10_15.SAR and got the error mentioned above.

I just replaced the new brconnect D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 with the old on from the Kernel DVD and it works...

Strange, maybe there will be a new version of DBATOOLS soon.

Rgds,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BRTOOL 720 is appropriate for Oracle 11g, just you need to check for correct version for your OS.

Please check this note : https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/50088

also very the db users

SQL> SELECT USERNAME,PASSWORD FROM DBA_USERS;

check all oracle environment variables are set or not for the user with which you are working.