cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zreport running slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am facing problem with performance when i am running zreport it is taking time 132 sec on production while on development it is taking 30 sec. please suggest me what to do improve the performance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hariom,

You have to check with the performance test on ABAP program using SE30 and ST05 transaction.

More load Data in production server as compare to development server. and also lot of users having in PRD server.

This is the solution for you and I think your DEV server configuration size is low compare to PRD server.

If any other clarification please Let me know

Regards

Thomas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

In you Production system take trace in the T code ST12. in that check the Sql select statements for that you have correct indexes?

Regards

Sriram

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basish,

I think in development data will be less than quality.Check the queries how you are getting data.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Basishariom, As this is related to Zreport - I would suggest you to collect the transactional trace using st12 tcode once trace is collected sit with your ABAP consultant to find out where SQL statements are taking time - based on analysis two possible outcomes would be

1. Fine tune the Zreport sql stamtents.

2. If SQL statments are fine then check which table is being accessed and can Index creation will help based on ABAPers feedback.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | A

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please tune you ZReport in such a way that cost of your select statment is less i.e use selection to make uses index.

Make sure that the table that this report would access have status updated via DB20 and Index.

Thanks

venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For more information Please see the link ,

http://boardreader.com/thread/Standard_reports_are_running_very_slow_6r40vX13ty7.html

Please Let me know & mark it

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 9, 2011 6:43 PM

Edited by: thomas_raja on Aug 16, 2011 12:25 PM