Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Posting Travel Expenses

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to post travel expenses of an employee through a P&L G/L account with cost element cat 1 with account assignement to WBS, System is giving us an error that WBS element E-0001-01 is not a billing element. generally billing elelemnt suppose to be used only for posting revenues not for expenses, to my surprise system is giving this error while posting expenses. How to over come this error please. I can activate the billing element for that WBS to solve the issue, but i feel the functionality itself is wrong. Any note issued to overcome this problem.

You suggestions to overcome this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks

regards

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to generate the same error after some trial and error. I belive it is coming from the GL account which you are using. In the GL account there is a field called "Field Status Group". When i use accounts where this if set as "Costs" no issues in the posting. In my case the error came when i used the account for which this field "G074 - General" as the value. I would assume we will get this error if we use a GL that is not categorized as Cost but as Revenue related. In any case i would suggest the following,

- Check with your FI CO colleauge whether this account you are using is set up correctly.

- Try using a different GL that is set as Cost.

Hope this will help you to solve the error.

Regards

Sreekanth

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Thanks alot for your valuable input. your answer is vermuch helpful, i am checking the setting as per your suggetion. i will get back to you once again with the result i get.

thanks

regards

kishore