Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same numbering on Proforma Invoice and Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

My client is export company with the following conditions:

Business Case:

1. Delivery Order is a reference to generate Proforma Invoice and Invoice.

2. Proforma Invoice is created for custom duty purposes before posting goods issue.

3. Invoice is created for customer after shipment realization (approx 1-2 weeks after Proforma Invoice created).

4. Both documents have the same data such as material, quantity and pricing, the actual shipment date only stated in Invoice.

5. Receivables and Revenues are recognized upon Invoice release to accounting.

Requirement:

Proforma Invoice and Invoice should have the same number.

SAP Standard Solution:

1. Billing type for both Proforma Invoice and Invoice are specific and only set as internal number.

2. Both documents recorded in table VBRK-VBELN as a key.

Question:

How can I fulfill the above requirement?

Thanks.

Zaki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You may check with the logic given by others. However I feel it is not possible since the Proforma Invoice No. and Invoice No. both saved in same table VBRK where VBELN (Document No.) is Primary Key. So it is not possible to save the same no. twice in the same table, once for Proforma Invoice and then again for Commercial Invoice.

If require you can print the same no. for Output of Proforma Invoice and Commercial Invoice to fulfill the requirement of documentation.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.

Finally I choose your advice and it was acceptable by our client.

Now I repeat that way for my current project.

Thanks.

Zaki

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member1224230
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you use delivery number a document number for invoice and proforma?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have simple idea for this before going to any enhancement or any devlopment.

for this process use separte Billing document type for this business process.

set posting block so that first time u create billing document without posting to FI after the conformation mannually post to FI.

without pgi u want to billing doucment for that modify your copy control so that it will allow to create billing without also PGI.

Then it will help you same billing no. without any hassale.

Thanking You

Arun

Edited by: arun biswal on Sep 1, 2011 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Prepare one PLD named Proforma Invoice based on the Delivery document. the Number of this Proforma Invoice is based on manually entry number.

The manual number should be as same as invoice number range which should be comming when you generate the invoice.

Please revet back if you have concerns

Best Regards

Amjathpasha

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Zaki,

I assume both proforma and commercial invoice is having the same number range interval which is internal.

In billing use the following user-exit

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ)

Since the pro forma is created earlier, this exit should not be valid for pro-forma invoice type.

When the commercial invoice is created, this exit should trigger (if VBRK-FKART = COMMERCIAL INVOICE DOCUMENT TYPE) then put the delivery number in VBFA as the VBELV and fetch

the VBELN if the VBTYP_N is pro-forma invoice (U).

If there is any entry in VBFA with the above criteria, then use the same document number (VBRK-VBELN of pro-forma)

and fill it in the document number for Commercial invoice.

Check with your ABAP-er and you will get a better idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles