cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 upgrade from 4.6c to ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planing to upgrade SAP R/3 4.6c to ECC6 . What is the sequence to upgrade , do we need to upgrade first 4.6c to 4.7e then ECC6 . Or directly 4.6c to ECC6 .

- Kristene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Pls. Could send the documentation to my e-mail address too.

estacioboy@yahoo.com.br

Br.

Igor Pereira

pratap_varma
Explorer
0 Kudos

no need to go for 4.7 . directly u can upgrade 4.6c to ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kristene Jyo,

Check you source OS release compatiblity with ECC 6.0 and Oracle 10g

if required, u aso need to go for OS upgrade refer to SAP Note <b>156548 </b>- Released operating systems SAP kernel 4.6x ORACLE

Prepare for Upgrade

Adjust modifiaction in SPAU/SPDD

Start Upgrade.

hope this helps you out.

please let me know, if u required any further clerifications.

thanks

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YOu can directly upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6.0.

Thanks,

Chetan

Giving points would mean saying Thanks in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see on service.sap.com/pam, you can directly upgrade from 46c to ECC6.0

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. i just did it 2 months ago.. 4.6c to ECC6 with unicode conversion.

It's a hell of process. if you are using single code page.. then you are lucky..

the process will upgrade 4.6c to ECC6 Non unicode . then do a Export of the system, and import it back as Unicode.

The conversion between NU to Unicode is done during the export and import.

The first phase of prepare will import some tools ( SPUMG ) for unicode conversion preparation.

Basically you need to scan all the tables in SPUMG and if all ok. the status of SPUMG will be status released for upgrade.

Different story apply to MDMP system..

Remember to run RADDCUCNT before you export the database. This will update the Nametab.

Watch out for bigtables. in my case tabel EDI40 causing the export took almost 24hour. EDI40 having 40GB of size, i'm still can't rectify is this databse problem or process problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi muda Ikshan,

please help me with the documents to be followed ( Migration of SAP 4.6 to ECC 6.0)as i am not able to access the link http://service.sap.com/upgradenw2004s.) mentioned in the sdn ,since its asking for an username and password.

thanks in advance ,

Ramesh

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ramesh, you need to have a sap customer id in order to logon which would be very helpful when trying to upgrade to ecc60...

GreetZ, AH

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muda,

I am preparing a unicode conversion from on ERP2005 right now (single code page), and I am wondering if it is just the SPUMG steps that are essential that I perform. Do you know if I MUST perform all the other steps in the unicode conversion guide?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muda,

one comment to your EDI40 problem. Next time you should archive the content of EDI40 table to reduce the size of the table. The duration comes due to the Unicode conversion not from the database export. You can easily figure this out by watching the CPU cycles used by R3load compared to the database processes (if you're not running on Windows). Other Problematic tables are all big cluster tables like RFBLG, CDCLS...

Regards

Ralph Ganszky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Can you please send me the step by step details of how you performed the R/3 upgrade from 4.6c to ECC6, I am going to start a new project from 21st of this month and the systems there are MDMP systems. I am really really tensed as I have never done this. Please help me. Please send me a step by step details of what to put in the spumg and how to perform all the check, Please it will be a great help. My email is SYED87634@yahoo.com.

Thanks and Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Can you please send me the step by step details of how you performed the R/3 upgrade from 4.6c to ECC6.

Please send me a step by step details of what to put in the spumg and how to perform all the check, Please it will be a great help. My email is

rezarezai@t-online.de.

Thanks and Regards

Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muda,

Can you please send me a detaile steps you performed for the R34.6C to ECC 6 conversion?

My email id is : abasu2007@gmail.com

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u send me the steps to upgrade to ECC6

mail id: reshmar85@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muda,

Can you please send me the step by step details of how you performed the R/3 upgrade from 4.6c to ECC6, I am going to start a new project in next week. I am really really tensed as I have never done this. Please help me. Please send me a step by step details of what to put in and how to perform all the check, it will be a great help. My email is varuk1@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muda,

Could you please send me the step by step document to this mail Id (rambab70@yahoo.com)?

It will be useful for my next month upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to upgrade and would highly appreciate if you could send me the docs to upgrade existing sap 4.7 env to ECC6 env.

Awaiting for your reply.

Sukrut S