cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single ECC multiple APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a single ECC system , and 2 different APO systems. The first APO system is already connected with ECC and live.

Is it possible we open up interface with second APO system using same ECC system (and same client).

If yes then, BASIS has a question how will the inbound CIF queues be handled wheneverything is CF*

Please share some thoughts on this

Thanks,

TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello TJ,

1) You will have to create a new business system group for the 2nd APO instance, and use the CIF to transfer/publish the data between the 2 APO systems to one ECC System.

2) I believe you should use below 2 thumb rules.

1. A specific material number must be unique. You cannot use the same material number in both APO systems.

2. A specific location must be unique. You cannot use the same location (e.g. Plant, Vendor, Customer, etc) in both APO systems.

3) Besides CIF Integration Model(IM) definition contains the details of Logical System, which will decide which system(APO) it should transfer data to.

And

4) Publication from APO which is done by Maintaining Distribution Definition also has the details of Logical System.

5) As usual, Basis needs to setup Name Logical Systems, Assign Logical Systems to a Client, Set Up RFC Destination, Maintain Business System Group, Assign Logical System and Queue Type etc.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tejinder,

Satish is absolutely right. You have to create separate BSG for two APO systems.

Please consider all the points he has mentioned. Although I would like to add something on point no 2.

SAP has standard BADIs to change the names of products and location which will make them unique in ECC system.

e.g. APO system1 (logical name aposystem1) has product named "A" and APO system 2 (logical name aposystem2) also has product named "A"

when you CIF these two products to one ECC system, it is going to create conflict in ECC.

So, you can implement standard BADIs which will change the names of these two products in ECC like A@aposystem1 and A@aposystem2.

ECC will identify these two products as different products.

Here are the BADIs

ZXCIFUSERU08 for material data

ZXCIFUSERU06 for location data

I hope below link will help you in implementing this BADI.

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2008/helpdata/EN/fa/3e4d849cc343d4add9b1d914f5ba30/content.htm

Regards,

Abhay Kapase

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to Abhay for the information given about Badi which can be helpful.

TJ -

Here is link to another thread where same topic is being discussed, it may help you as well.

[Link to another SDN thread with Same Topic|;

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, Abhay,

Thanks for your replies & also for the link with similar discussion.

In my case the master data would be different in both APO systems ( one system is already being used for PPDS, second system planned to be used for DP & SNP).

I understand technically it would be possible to connect 2 APO systems to 1 ECC system, however BASIS had a concern how Inbound will CIF queues be handeled in ECC as the queue name starts with CF* ?

Please provide some more explanation on this.

Thanks,

TJ

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejinder,

If you implement the BADIs which I mentioned above it will make the naming convention of products and plants differently.

So ECC will identify as different materials/plants. So there is no conflict in ECC to process the inbound queues.

As far as outbound queues from ECC are concerned. It will have BSG group with it. So, the system knows which BSG is assigned to which APO system.

It will not create conflict at all in ECC while processing the data as long as you have the product/plant naming convention right.

Revert in case you need more information.

Regards,

Abhay Kapase