cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting record in MDM-Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenerio is R/3 to PI to MDM and it is automatic process. we get the Deltion flag indicator value as X in XML.

1. If you received a record from R/3 that has a deletion flag indicator field set a X and the material is not present in MDM - you would NOT create it.

2. When you receive a record from R/3 that has a deletion flag indicator from R/3, MDM must find the appropriate record and delete it from MDM

It would be of great help if iam getting to know is this possible. If so , then what is the procedure to do so.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Scenario 1. If you received a record from R/3 that has a deletion flag indicator field set a X and the material is not 

present in MDM - you would NOT create it

Do you have a deletion flag field in your repository?

If yes, then this can be achieved by designing a workflow with a Branch step and a validation to check whether Deletion flag is set to X and creation date = current date based on the result we can control the data to commit or rollback.

Workflow design:

Start(*check Out*) - > Branch - > Stop1 (*Check in* ) (Process 1)

- >Stop2 (*Rollback*)

Validation Code:

DELETION = 'X' AND LEFT(Created Date,10) = LEFT(SYSTIME(0),10)

if the above condition satisfies pass the record to Stop2 in the branch step which will rollback the record, let me know if you need any help.

Info: You can have the a notification step before the stop2 for notifiying the material number which is marked for deletion and its is ignored during the load.

Scenario 2. When you receive a record from R/3 that has a deletion flag indicator from R/3, MDM must find the appropriate 

record and delete it from MDM

we can not delete a record from MDM main table automatically. becuase in Import action you dont have Delete as you have for a lookup table. MDM Does not support this... you need to do it manually.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sowseel,

To confirm whether my understanding is right.

Scenrio 1:

The scenerio is possible using Workflow right.

1. USe start step and check out the record and

2. then the branch step, it contains 2 steps.

3. we directly pass to stop 1 and check in-No condition in this step

4. validation condition and Notification is used in stop 2 and roll back.

VAldiation step:

Deletion Flag indicator field = 'X' and LEFT (Created DAte,10) = LEFT (System(0),10)

Scenerio 2:

We need to delete it manually with deletion flag indicator set to X.

Thanks,

Pradeep

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On working on this, iam fiacing some couple of calrifications:

1. AFter Branch step we use 2 STOP step. We directly pass in first step to STOP1 and check in the records

In step 2 we use Valdiations and Notify to STOP2 right.

Here where do we mention that if the Valdiation is true then stop creating that record in MDM,( If that has Deletion flag indicator field as X and no record present in MDM then stop creating it in MDM.)???

2. We write this logic for a Field but we launch this WF in Table level only is it right?

3. What all Import manager Configuration option step required after creating WF inDatamanger.???

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Did you select the validation(which you created in DM) in the Branch Step ?

Why do you need an another validation step?

And the workflow Trigger action should be on Record Import.

In IM you need to select the workflow which you created under Configuration options -> Checkout\workflow then you need to click on execute button

Regards

Sowseel

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

For your second question

Deleting the Record which has a deletion flag from the main table we can achive it.. follow the below link

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As Sowseel very correctly mentioned about the 2 scenarios,you should create a Import map after creating a MDM WF with Record Import as trigger action.

The import map will have you mappings,settings and you can use the Checkout/Workflow configuration option to specify whether or not to check out the imported records or launch a workflow job containing the imported records (which may itself check out the records).

It seems your requirement is to delete new incoming record which are flagged for deletion,so I wanted to ask how are you handling the records that are in MDM with flag for deletion as "X",are you deleting them in DM manually and Do you have a undelete scenario in ERP?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

@ Ravi:

What we do is import the records with deltion flag indicator as X and then use Named search to put all those records in one table. Later using batch jobs which runs at regular intervals delete all those at one shot.

@ Sowseel.

Clarification on Scenerio 2:

See i have imported a record with deletion flag indicator as X in excel format for first time. Now second time i trying importing the same again through IM. But, now i do the changes as u mentioned in the link. I have created the deletion flag indicator field as Display field, got in Matching cretirea, right clicked and given the values, then went to import action selected delete. But when i go to ready to import..i see no value in Delete import action it says 0 vlaues. How come this happens?.

Iam importing the same value which i have imported previously (this is done because to check whether its deleting the previously existing record with deltion flag indicator as X).

But since iam not able to see the delete import action as value 1. there is no function happening and just update all mapped fields happening.

need suggestion.

Thanks

pradeep

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

For Deleting data through import manager :

In value mapping of the deletion flag change the value from X to some value other than X (You can Change the value in Converted value of the import map) and follow the rest which is there in the document.... It will work.

Let me know your findings

Regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please recheck the step of filter creation,and follow the document.

Thanks,

Ravi