cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unarchive Repository Error

0 Kudos

We had a hardware failure that caused us to restore our MDM server - both the OS and the database. Everything came up fine initially except for our Vendor Master repository. The icon next to it had a diagonal crack that indicated there was some sort of corruption I suppose. I tried deleting and unarchiving an archive of the repository, but I get an error.

"MDM repository not available while being created"

Obviously, the application thinks the repository is being built, but it definitely is not. I've tried restarting the services and even the entire server, but to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The application is running on AIX 6.1 and Oracle 11G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

That icon means repository is in use by some other MDS.

I think a restart of your database server and MDS shoukd solve this issue.

Follow this sequence Stop MDS,Stop Databse,Restart Databse,and Restart MDS.

Try accessing the repository.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

We rebooted the entire server yesterday - which includes shutting down the database. Still have the same error. Here's the error in the mds log:

2011-08-01T20:09:05.343,6683 ,23,"_Unarchive will not overwrite in-use target_",MDSAdminServer@UnarchiveRep,XC

atDBCopy.cpp,1606,MDSAdminServerCommand_UnarchiveRep,,,server_user,VendorMaster <,,

So, you are right. It does think the server is in use. The repository does not even show up in the console. And when I tried to unarchive it to make it available that's when I get the error in the original message.

One other note that basically confirms the problem is if I unarchive the repository as a different name it works fine. What could be causing the database to think that repository is in use if it's not being used? I even deleted all the tables under that repository owner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you try to overwrite an existing repository while unarchiving?

If yes then i guess this is the problem,If you have the latest archive then try deleting and then unarchiving the repository.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

The repository no longer exists in the console. And I deleted the database objects at the database level as well. It still thinks the repository is there when I unarchive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you please confirm that sequence of stopping MDS->stopping DB->Starting DB->Starting MDS was followed.

Also check if it allows to unmount the repository.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Yes, it was followed. The repository is already unmounted. I can't see it in the MDM console if that's what you're asking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please go thorugh this article and reheck the steps involved in deleting the repository:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6006cc15-fe41-2c10-9887-fa85d8f7a...

More importantly please confirm on step 3.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi