cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFx ' Preference ' Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Questions for Rfx, when we designate a question as ' Preference should be met ', the System is allowing me to ' Save', even when I don't select any preference. Is this normal behaviour ?

Also , what is the use of ' must meet preferences ' checkbox. Is it for Reporting ?

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I'm guessing you are seein this on a yes/no question. Thatu2019s how the tool works but probably should be validating it.

By checking the u2018must meet preferenceu2019, buyer is saying the suppliers response to that question should meet the preference set by the buyer for that question. If the preference is not met, the supplier wouldnu2019t get any score for that question.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

The supplier would still be scored the exactly same way, even if the ' must meet preferences ' checkbox is unchecked.

BR,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Letu2019s take an example. Buyer creates a question u201CHow many years is your product warranty good foru201D.

Question Type: number

Preference: Low 0, High 10

Scoring Method: Higher the better

Must Meet Preference: unchecked

Supplier Response:

Supplier 1 u2013 20 years

Supplier 2 u2013 10 years

Calculated Score:

Supplier 1 u2013 full points

Supplier 2 u2013 full points

In the above example, if Must Meet Preference is checked, then Supplier 1 will get 0 points even though the warranty is better than supplier 2.

supplier 2 will get full points.

So as shown above, Must Meet Preference may not apply in all situations depending on the question type, what the question is and how it is asked.

Hope this clarifies.

Answers (0)