SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two different organization on one system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have an issue that, my client has two different educational enterprise.

one is a university controlled and owned by a foundation, and one is a college owned by a company.

because of owned by a foundation, university can not seek profit for its services, but college has to make profit.

this makes them have different financial accounting procedures and different company codes.

both university and college have their own organisational unit and both will run on same client.

but in img, "define top organizational unit" step, I can assign only one organizational unit.

(CAMPU HIORG 50000104 Top Org. Unit of University)

system doesnt give chance to enter second assignment for the college.

in this way, every student will belong to university and every financial document will post for university account.

do I think wright and proper? if yes, how this problem can be handled? Is there a way using one top organizational unit but every financial posting goes where it is actually belong in FI?

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

here what I found at help.sap.com.

unfortunately It says that I m right.

Top Organizational Unit

Definition

Organizational unit of the university defined as the top organizational unit of Campus Management. You must define a top organizational unit in the Campus Management system.

The SAP System requires the top organizational unit for the following functions and processes of Campus Management:

· The SAP System always reads the dates and periods specified in the academic calendar of the top organizational unit when you do not specify a concrete query object (program, module, or organizational unit). You therefore have to create an academic calendar for the top organizational unit. In this academic calendar, you must enter the dates for time limit 0100 (standard duration of academic session) for all relevant academic sessions. (If you have configured the Campus Management system accordingly, you can use a user-defined time limit whose function corresponds to that of the standard time limit 0100.)

The SAP System uses the company code of the top organizational unit in the following processes:

When creating the student account to be used in Student Accounting

The SAP System automatically creates a student account (contract account) when you create a student if you have made the required setting in Customizing for Campus Management in the section Campus Management Master Data ® Students ® Students as Business Partners ® (De)Activate Automatic Student Account Creation.

For all postings made in Student Accounting

• CampusManagement supports only one company code per client. Student Accounting always uses the company code of the top organizational unit even if you have assigned a different company code to the lower-level organizational units._

0 Kudos

Hi,

is this thread still open?

As far as I know SAP also provides the use of multiple company codes in one client.

Please let me know if I should investigate further.

Regards,

Silke

0 Kudos

Hi,

please investigate this issue as i also have similar requirement.

regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For multiple company codes you need to complete the configuration for Company Code Groups using the IMG paths:

1) Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable>Organizational Units>Define Company Code Groups>Assign Company Codes to Company Code Groups

2) SLCM>Master Data in SLCM>Student Contract Accounts (Student Accounts)>Define Standard Company Code Group for Student Accounts

In the configuration above, you define a Company Code Group and assign all required Company Codes to this Group. In the student's Contract Account, on the tab "Payment/Taxes", there are two fields called "Company Code Group" and "Standard Company Code"..

Please see the documentation for these two fields.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Patricia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what if I dont assign a top organizational unit, and differ accounting relationships from program of study the student registered or modules?

I can assign the SC and SM to O, and I can define a different company code for every organizational unit.

I deleted the top org. info from customizing, and tried to create a new student record system throw the error " no top org unit". Is any around way this setting? if yes, any trap to watch out in process?

0 Kudos

Hi Nurullah,

The Top Organization Unit is mandatory, therefore an entry must be maintained in customizing.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "differ accounting relationships from program of study the student registered or modules?"

Regards,

Patricia

0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

One of my client (A corporate) runs two programs of study, one of them is for fresher, to train them for inhouse business usage. This course is without any fee i.e. 100 % free. No need to create contract account or contract object or to run fee calculation.

Another course in collaboration with an external university for employee's growth which is paid and involves fee. 50% of fee is to be paid by student and another 50% by client. This part requires creation of student contract accounting and contract objects to track the inflows and outflows.

At the moment system is configured for fresher program. I have not activated student contract accounting part. The process is as simple as possible. Create student>> create admission>> create registrations>> create module booking>> Create appraisal>> Run Audit>> Withdrawal etc.

What i feel here is to change the existing process to the one given below:

Create student>> Create admission>> Create registrations>> Create Contract account Manually>> Run fee calc>>Run Grants evaluation>>Create module booking>>Create appraisal>> Run Audit>> Withdrawal etc.

Based upon Program of study/program type or student category system will propose the fee i.e. pricing procedure. Lets say if i configure two organisational units here . Is it possible for system to run fee calc part for one such program and not for another?

Need your valuable suggestion in this regard.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fee calc can be driven off the Fee category field. You determine what it will look at by configuring the data field in the Condition Table following the path student lifecycle management > student accounting> Fee > pricing> pricing procedure >. then the nodes below.

We have a program that looks at the student's Program of study and specialization to set the fee category. You can program the program to look at any field (Admission field, Program field ).

We create condition types that look at the booking status, fee category. If you only set up condition records for the program that has a charge, that is all the fee calc program will consider. After the charge is on the student's account you can run the Grant program to post the 50% sponsor paid. You can create a smart form in Biller Direct ( if you are using Biller Direct) to show the students only the amount due by the student.

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

As indicated by Bev, the Fee Calculation Program evaluates the Fee Category Data on the Academic Structure Objects, (e.g. SC / SM) and the Fee Calculation Data on the Student. It then calculates the fee based on these parameters.

You decide which of these fields to use in Condition Tables. Most of the standard fields are delivered in this table (e.g. Program Fee Category). Once you have defined your Conditions you then maintain the relevant Fee Categories on the Program and Students. The Fee Calculation Program will only calculate the relevant fees based on the master data maintained at the Program / Student.

Regards,

Patricia