cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi in my IDOC to file scenerio i have used dynamic configuration For Two directories and file name as we are sending the date to a target directory with some condition.as i moved interface transport.in UDf i have given the local Directory paths to test the data as we dont have any End system details so again i have to change the File directory paths to end system and moved to dev,and then to production.is it possible to change the IR part in Quality,in the UDF?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you are on PI 7.1, you could use parameters in mapping to differentiate the path in respective environments.

Using this you woul only need to change the parameters in Interface determination in ID.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other option could be to identify the business system name of the ECC (if it is different for each environment), and then use that to determine the path dynamically in the UDF.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sravan,

Changing the design objects (IR) in quality causes version conflicts....this is not a best practice.

My best suggestion is what ever you are willing to change change in DEV and then transport the same to QAS.

so that you can avoid version conflicts in QA

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to change the IR part in Quality,in the UDF?

Yes..technically it is possible. But its good to maintain the consistency of objects across all landscape.

IR -> Display Software Component Version -> Object Properties.

The properties 'Objects are Original Objects' and 'Objects are modifiable' are unchecked in non- development systems to make sure the changes are first implemented in dev system.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though it is possible to change, why dont you maintain the same directory path and file name in all the environments like DEV, Q and Prod? Maintaining the same directory structure and filename is a better practice.